Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2020, 04:33 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Mini Buses for sale - near Albany, NY

I am helping a small private bus service sell their retired mini buses. All the buses are first owner, maintained to NY DOT specs for school buses for their entire life. I am helping sell them because I really like working with the garage manager. I have bought two buses personally from him and others for friends. He is honest and straightforward about any flaws. If he doesn't like the mechanicals on any of his buses, they go to scrap or to a wholesaler.

I have left the sold buses posted as a reference for anyone shopping. Keep in mind this is different from an auction. You can talk to the mechanic who has worked on the bus and you can say 'no' if you don't like it when you see it in person.

My direct contact information is on the website, along with lots of other mini bus info. https://minibus4u.weebly.com/buses-for-sale.html

nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:40 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
These buses are all severely rusted - no surprise for NY. For anyone reading this thread and looking for a bus, definitely look elsewhere.

No offense, OP, but these are rolling disasters for skoolie builders.
Old 03-04-2020, 04:49 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

I checked out the photos of 'Rusty87' and am sorry you bought such a rusty bus from anywhere. NY DOT requires that the bus cannot be used for transporting children if there is even the smallest hole in the sheet metal that protects the underlayment below the bus. I always include a photo of the underchassis. If there is any serious frame rust, they are scrapped. As you said, in NY, there will be some rust on any 10 year old vehicle. John takes them into the garage several times over the course of the winter and hoses the salt off top and bottom.
Old 03-04-2020, 05:04 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
I didn't say there was serious frame rust on your buses - even my bus didn't have serious frame rust. But the bodies on those buses are severely rusted through. Tell you what, since you're trying to sell these to skoolie builders, remove the seats and plywood floors and take some pictures and show everybody here what great shape they're in.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:08 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

I won't debate the relative rustiness of buses you haven't seen. I can tell you that I bought and own two, my best friend owns one, all from John. When you buy a bus from him, you visit the garage, you are welcome to crawl under it, I'm sure he would put it on a lift for you, you can read the DOT binder from cover to cover. It is different from buying one at an auction 1000 miles away that 'moves and stops'. You can see the everything that was checked during all the inspections in the binder. You can see all the work that has been done on the bus. If it is not for you, that is fine. This isn't a used bus lot and I'm not a high pressure salesman. A small bus company is rotating their inventory of buses and I am helping them out.

Tags
mini bus collins corbeil