Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #1

Year: 1983
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 1723/TK
Engine: 345
Need ASAP Puley for 1983 Buss

Help...... I'm looking for a 2 Belt Pulley for my 1983 International Buss. I have tried every parts and junk yard and I keep getting the same answer ( discontinued ) Someone has to know where I can find this part???????? Please if you have any info that might help! I just got the buss and found out that the part is bad. This is my first buss and being a women who is not very auto smart I could sure use some help!

Thanks Much
Creeker

Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #2

Re: Need ASAP Puley for 1983 Buss

Thanks for the advice! I will have to ask around .Havent gotten the part off yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Which pulley? I'm wondering if you couldn't redrill a similar style/diameter pulley off a different make to work?

Smitty
Old 02-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #3

Well from what I found out it is a 2 belt pullet for the power streering pump and I believe that it was made by a company called Saganauhn ( I'm sure I didnt spell that right!).

Thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Which pulley? I'm wondering if you couldn't redrill a similar style/diameter pulley off a different make to work?

Smitty
Old 02-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Can you get dimensions of the pulley? I believe your pump was probably built by Saginaw (nice job on the phonetics though...I knew exactly what you were talking about). Saginaw is probably by far the largest producer of power steering equipment in our country. Ever. Look at any GM or Dodge truck built between oh say the dawn of time (ok...the 1960's for trucks, 1950's for cars give or take) and today and I bet you will find a Saginaw pump. So what's this mean for you? You can probably rob a pulley that is close off just about any of these pumps for your rig. I believe the "input" shaft is pretty universal between them. The pulley's press on most of the smaller stuff. Does yours? It might be out of production, but I doubt you have a terribly unique piece.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_experience03
Can you get dimensions of the pulley? I believe your pump was probably built by Saginaw (nice job on the phonetics though...I knew exactly what you were talking about). Saginaw is probably by far the largest producer of power steering equipment in our country. Ever. Look at any GM or Dodge truck built between oh say the dawn of time (ok...the 1960's for trucks, 1950's for cars give or take) and today and I bet you will find a Saginaw pump. So what's this mean for you? You can probably rob a pulley that is close off just about any of these pumps for your rig. I believe the "input" shaft is pretty universal between them. The pulley's press on most of the smaller stuff. Does yours? It might be out of production, but I doubt you have a terribly unique piece.

Thanks for the help with the part and the phonetics.lol
Old 03-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Pulley 1983 Bus

The part you need is not unique. Take the power steering pump off vehicle. This is a simple task. You need to know what engine is in the bus. Take to any salvage yard and show part to nice man. The pumps are usually not very many dollars. The salvage place will usually have the part and tool to change same.
There are many tasks that require you to know all about your bus. If ya can, take lots of pictures and post pics here for an evaluation of what ya got and what engine. I'm an old guy, and rarely does a power steering pump pulley go bad. Post some pics of the pump and pulley. Tell the maker of your bus engine. Tell fuel used for the bus. Tell all ya know. We will eagerly give advise but we need information. Frank in Idaho
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1974
Coachwork: CARPENTER
Chassis: GMC-6000
Engine: 454 CHEVY
Rated Cap: 66

It looks like you have a 345 IH try looking for IH pickups, travelalls and scoots from the 70s for like parts.
Farmers bone yards mite be a good place to look to.

CAMO-MONSTER

the BEAST, 350, 4 sm465, np205,
hd d44 4.56, eaton ff 4.56
CAMO-MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #8

Re: Pulley 1983 Bus

Thanks for the kind and helpfull words. I relize that I know nothing aout Busses But Im learning. I took your advice and posted a new classified with pictures and more info.

Thanks again for the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank-id
The part you need is not unique. Take the power steering pump off vehicle. This is a simple task. You need to know what engine is in the bus. Take to any salvage yard and show part to nice man. The pumps are usually not very many dollars. The salvage place will usually have the part and tool to change same.
There are many tasks that require you to know all about your bus. If ya can, take lots of pictures and post pics here for an evaluation of what ya got and what engine. I'm an old guy, and rarely does a power steering pump pulley go bad. Post some pics of the pump and pulley. Tell the maker of your bus engine. Tell fuel used for the bus. Tell all ya know. We will eagerly give advise but we need information. Frank in Idaho
Old 03-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #9

Thanks Much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMO-MONSTER
It looks like you have a 345 IH try looking for IH pickups, travelalls and scoots from the 70s for like parts.
Farmers bone yards mite be a good place to look to.

CAMO-MONSTER