Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2018, 09:25 AM   #1
Scared to Post

Need to sell my skoolie ASAP 70,000 OBO

I'm selling my skoolie conversion. Saddest thing I've ever had to do. It has brand new full size appliances, a queen sized memory foam bed, beer tap, outdoor shower, full sized kitchen with oven range, full plumbing, and a compost toilet that has never been used so NO BLACK WATER. The bus is in excellent condition with air brakes, runs on diesel with only 175,000 miles (diesel bus can go over 1 million miles) and ready for long distance adventures. It's 40 feet long and runs on shore power. The conversion was just finished right before Thanksgiving and it has never been slept in!

I built this bus in hopes to live in temporarily and also to rent out to help build schools but being that I need to live in Los Angeles or Orange Counties I am having extreme difficulty finding land. The bus is currently parked in Menifee so please arrange with me a time to see it. I am willing to negotiate within reason but otherwise I am very firm on the price. HGTV has asked to feature this bus because it is top of the line. I am pretty much selling my dream so no low ball offers. Please don't waste my time or yours.

here is a video tour of the bus

kamakibivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: Dt466e
Rated Cap: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakibivens View Post
I'm selling my skoolie conversion. Saddest thing I've ever had to do. It has brand new full size appliances, a queen sized memory foam bed, beer tap, outdoor shower, full sized kitchen with oven range, full plumbing, and a compost toilet that has never been used so NO BLACK WATER. The bus is in excellent condition with air brakes, runs on diesel with only 175,000 miles (diesel bus can go over 1 million miles) and ready for long distance adventures. It's 40 feet long and runs on shore power. The conversion was just finished right before Thanksgiving and it has never been slept in!

I built this bus in hopes to live in temporarily and also to rent out to help build schools but being that I need to live in Los Angeles or Orange Counties I am having extreme difficulty finding land. The bus is currently parked in Menifee so please arrange with me a time to see it. I am willing to negotiate within reason but otherwise I am very firm on the price. HGTV has asked to feature this bus because it is top of the line. I am pretty much selling my dream so no low ball offers. Please don't waste my time or yours.

here is a video tour of the bus
Just an fyi, most people on this site are looking at auctions sites for cheap buses to self build. Probably gonna have better luck on Craigslist or eBay
jjhwick119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:12 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
I'm missing seeing about $45k worth of work here. It's a nice build, but $70k? I'd be surprised if it gets near half that. Good Luck
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:08 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
What's up? Facebook crowd not bite when you put this bus up for $89000?

Seriously ... ask yourself a few questions!

Normally I would pass this by, or maybe say "Good luck with sale", but I won't sit by while anyone here might be tempted to think this is worth so many of their hard-earned dollars.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:19 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
The work that was done look quite nice.

It does appear from the pictures that you elected to skip removing the interior metal, raising the roof and insulation. Those are pretty common features on finished Skoolie's that bring higher prices.

Best of luck with the sale.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:12 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
This group is largely old and young mechanics, and mechanic wannabe's. No mention of mechanical maintenance updates in your info. Engine size and transmission model are missing. Tire condition? Since you elected not to remove the metal interior panels all will assume you skipped the step of insulating the bus interior. I heard no mention of RV hookups. No black tank was stated. What is the fresh water capacity? Grey tank capacity? Any frame mounted propane tank? House batteries and charging system? Generator? Stabilizer jacks?

That said, your bus is visually appealing on the inside. It is fixed up like a tiny home, but you'd freeze your butt off in there in the winter in most climates. It does look appealing but a lot of that is simply fresh paint on metal. Countertops and cabinets are easy to get. Appliances can be had inexpensively.

Undoubtedly you've put some hours into your bus. I'm hard pressed to see the value that you're boldly asking. I'm not trying to be offensive. My point is if any of this crowd bought your bus they'd begin by removing the interior and installing insulation. Even if you had done everything right, this would be maybe a $20-$30k bus at the best, which would include a nice appealing exterior paint job and alloy wheels. You're asking SoCal tiny home prices for a vehicle that likely would not suite most people's needs. Most of us are spread all over the country and frequently are dealing with cold climates.

Is the year listed somewhere? If that's got the 5.9 and the Allison 545, you'll have a very difficult time selling it.

Signed, not the Tiny Home crowd.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:45 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Signed, not the Tiny Home crowd.
On Facebook the seller mentioned that HGTV had been interested in the bus.

I made a comment that maybe the OP was trying to sell into the Tiny House market.

Maybe we should all try that

Build Thread
Old 02-24-2018, 03:58 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Built to never leave SoCal or fair weather areas. Low roof height.

Good luck. There might be one buyer out there.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:07 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
is this thing really 70 grand with no Air-Conditioning????
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:15 PM   #10
Bus Geek

Low roof height is right because the roof appears to actually dip behind the cab area. Forgot to mention that, but beyond that it's obvious it hasn't had a roof raise. I'm just not seeing the investment in this bus to make it any where near worth the asking price. I'm not knocking the work that went into it because it's nicely done.
Anybody figure out the engine size in this bus?

NOW, have I got a deal for someone out there. I've got a bus I'd let go for only $50k. It also does not have the offending black tank. However it does come with an outhouse. Sorry, I mean outbuilding. Trailerable outbuilding.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #11
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/Allison
Rated Cap: 74
Need to be careful hammering this feller the last time it escalated into ECCB being banned!!
Old 02-24-2018, 08:23 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog 5651 View Post
Need to be careful hammering this feller the last time it escalated into ECCB being banned!!
He took an even bigger hammering on FB, but never returned to comment.

Build Thread
Old 02-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #13
Bus Geek

Is it my imagination or do these singular posts reminds anyone of someone pitching unrealistic psychological situations and then simply sitting back and rating the reactions?

Remember, you're not really paranoid if they really are after you.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:38 PM   #14
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Is it my imagination or do these singular posts reminds anyone of someone pitching unrealistic psychological situations and then simply sitting back and rating the reactions?

Remember, you're not really paranoid if they really are after you.
One post and nothing else. Thinking about it, it seems a bit suspicious. I wonder if this is the OP's bus. May be trying to scam a down payment and run. I've seen it happen on various sites. You send a PM or email, they ask for a precentage down. Some dreamer sends the payment and poof, everything disappears like a fart in the wind.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:47 PM   #15
Bus Geek

Just hold on now. Everybody knows farts have hang time, even when the wind is blowing.

You raise a good point. That would also account for the lack of details about the bus and the unrealistic price for a metal tent camper.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:59 AM   #16
Bus Nut

ASAP 70,000, lol, Reality old buses sell fast for $1500. (we know your bus is special)

I have seen a lot people do this with restored cars. They will spend a few years restoring a car then think it is worth 50k. 3-5 years later they will finally take 5k for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakibivens View Post
I am pretty much selling my dream so no low ball offers.
People do not value other peoples dreams/fantasies as much as the dreamer.
ACamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:03 AM   #17
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
If this thing sells for 70k I'm in the wrong business.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:08 AM   #18
Bus Geek

In none of the places this bus is advertised has the OP come back and commented.

It's a scam until it is proven not to be.

Build Thread
Old 02-27-2018, 08:39 AM   #19
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg View Post
In none of the places this bus is advertised has the OP come back and commented.

It's a scam until it is proven not to be.
I don't see the scam. Over priced object = No buyers

Usually scams have a "too good to be true" price and collect money to "get it before it is gone".
ACamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:47 AM   #20
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Could be a ploy to get a bunch of youtube views from people wanting to see where the $70k worth of bitcoin is hidden.