Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2017, 09:56 AM   #1

New To This- NY

Good morning all,

I stumbled upon this site and it seems like a great welcoming place to post something like this. I am looking to get started on converting a skoolie to start traveling around with my fiance. I am willing and able to do construction conversions but as far as electrical and water I feel that's a bit out of my reach. So I have a few questions for you wonderful folks. What would be some pointers you can lend? Where should I start? I'm ok with spending 5-7k on a partially converted bus but they are definitely hard to find. I checked some sale threads but haven't seen anything. I live on Long Island but I'll travel anywhere on the east coast or inland to make this dream come true.

carza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:40 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Well first step is figuring out what sort of bus you want. There are at least 5 major types to choose from before you get to brands, multiple length options, etc. Most of us were new to this stuff so don't feel bad for asking what may seem like an obvious question.
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:35 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1986
Chassis: Ward/AmTran
Engine: Ford 4V 429/385 Big Block
Hey there, I'm in Manhattan and my wife are in the market to either fully convert, or get something partial and re-model a bit. If you know of a place to park/work on it we would be really happy to find something in the area. Could also help with some conversion work, maybe be able to take advantage of sharing some costs on tools, tool rental, etc. I'm new to the forum also. Feel free to email me: thiriotk@gmail.com
FunkyKoleMedina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help please!, new to this, new york