Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2021, 08:57 PM   #1

Cool Newbie - Help/ Advice on Starting Out

Hello all!

I won't wore you with the details but a rather rough break up has caused me to re-examine my life and have decided to get closer to nature while working remotely and I believe that a skoolie is going to fit my needs better than an RV. I'm trying to decide what kind of bus I need and some advice would definitely help!

I am ideally looking to travel and live in the bus constantly. I want to travel the US, Central America, and Canada (all the way up to Alaska); through snow, mountains, and deserts. I'm thinking a 30' would be ideal for me but anything within a range of ~25-35 feet could work. I would like to be able to put 20-40k miles on the engine this year. With all of this information I have a few questions for you all:
  • What kind of bus would you recommend (FE, RE, Dognose, etc)?
  • What type of engine is best for the terrains I'm looking at going through/last the longest?
  • Is there anything I should for (whether positive or negative) while looking for a finished skoolie?

dsaf182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, beginner, bus, newbie, skoolie