Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-30-2019, 05:05 PM   #5081
Bus Geek
 
brokedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 2,942
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
But.. he already did the hard part.. taking the seats out.. Hardly anything left to do to have a kick ass skoolie!
__________________
Keep up with us and our build!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:15 PM   #5082
Skoolie
 
Truthseeker4449's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 216
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX
Engine: CAT 3126
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIbluebird View Post
First gen Visions aren't very good buses. Especially not for $5000.
What was so bad about them? I think there's one or two SPED buses coming up for my local county auction. Granted I think they look rather ugly tho when I was first talking with some of the mechanics there they suggested the Visions as they have Cummins engines.
Truthseeker4449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:33 PM   #5083
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 12,623
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker4449 View Post
What was so bad about them? I think there's one or two SPED buses coming up for my local county auction. Granted I think they look rather ugly tho when I was first talking with some of the mechanics there they suggested the Visions as they have Cummins engines.

thats the part I like best is the "family truckster" look of the first gen visions... if I could find a shorty with A/C for reasonably cheap id probably pick it up..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:03 PM   #5084
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KANSAS CITY
Posts: 719
Tell us more about them, please.I had no idea,
__________________
Former owner of a 1969 F600 Skoolie.

1998 Ford B700 Thomas body 65 passenger. 5.9 Cummins 12 valve with MT643 Transmission 123,000 miles.
Versatile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:36 AM   #5085
Bus Nut
 
WIbluebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 730
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins ISC
Rated Cap: 75
Found on Facebook

WIbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:50 AM   #5086
Bus Geek
 
brokedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 2,942
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
I'd pay a few extra dollars for a manual transmission (taking for granted rear axle ratio was reasonable) but I wouldn't pay a few thousand extra dollars for it!
__________________
Keep up with us and our build!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:29 AM   #5087
Bus Nut
 
WIbluebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 730
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins ISC
Rated Cap: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
I'd pay a few extra dollars for a manual transmission (taking for granted rear axle ratio was reasonable) but I wouldn't pay a few thousand extra dollars for it!
Agreed, you can buy a 8.3 Cummins pusher for that kind of money. I’d take the better motor over a manual trans any day.
WIbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:40 PM   #5088
Skoolie
 
dzl_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: California, Bay Area
Posts: 155
Gillig with a 5 speed spicer manual, "no rust," $5500:
https://redding.craigslist.org/cto/d...042458542.html
dzl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:52 PM   #5089
Skoolie
 
dzl_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: California, Bay Area
Posts: 155
The Shortest Bus?
https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/...039205923.html
dzl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:55 PM   #5090
Bus Nut
 
TJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 490
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: CS RE
Engine: ISC 8.3 L 260 hp
Rated Cap: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzl_ View Post
Someone need to get this and drop a 5.9 in it! I wonder if the foot is included.

Ted
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:59 PM   #5091
Bus Nut
 
TJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 490
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: CS RE
Engine: ISC 8.3 L 260 hp
Rated Cap: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIbluebird View Post
Agreed, you can buy a 8.3 Cummins pusher for that kind of money. I’d take the better motor over a manual trans any day.
Or a classier bus with a manual.

https://redding.craigslist.org/cto/d...042458542.html

Ted
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:16 AM   #5092
Skoolie
 
dzl_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: California, Bay Area
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
Or a classier bus with a manual.

https://redding.craigslist.org/cto/d...042458542.html

Ted

The link isn't working for me at least (but I think that's the same Gillig 5 speed I posted a couple comments up). If so, it would make a pretty cool conversion


Quote:
Originally Posted by dzl_ View Post
Gillig with a 5 speed spicer manual, "no rust," $5500:
https://redding.craigslist.org/cto/d...042458542.html
dzl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:21 AM   #5093
Bus Nut
 
TJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 490
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: CS RE
Engine: ISC 8.3 L 260 hp
Rated Cap: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzl_ View Post
The link isn't working for me at least (but I think that's the same Gillig 5 speed I posted a couple comments up). If so, it would make a pretty cool conversion
Yes that one!
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:41 AM   #5094
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 20,155
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
Someone need to get this and drop a 5.9 in it! I wonder if the foot is included.

Ted
Seems this bus has been listed before?

IDk, but that cab rust looks a bit distressing.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:19 AM   #5095
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 20,155
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzl_ View Post
3 windows.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:26 AM   #5096
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 12,623
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
that dodge wayne keeps coming up for sale.. if I remember right someone in the bus collector group im in looked at it in person and said its restorable but there was more rust than meets the eye on it..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:31 AM   #5097
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 20,155
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
that dodge wayne keeps coming up for sale.. if I remember right someone in the bus collector group im in looked at it in person and said its restorable but there was more rust than meets the eye on it..
The creases and corners look like places are deeply rusted.
I'd LOVE a bus like that but I'd only go for it if it were totally solid and rust free.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:27 AM   #5098
Bus Nut
 
WIbluebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 730
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins ISC
Rated Cap: 75
That's the cleanest 1960s non-Crown bus I've seen in awhile...here in the Midwest stuff like that made the trip to the crusher decades ago.

It must have really bad floor rust or something.
WIbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:03 AM   #5099
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 20,155
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIbluebird View Post
That's the cleanest 1960s non-Crown bus I've seen in awhile...here in the Midwest stuff like that made the trip to the crusher decades ago.

It must have really bad floor rust or something.
Which one?
The 71 Dodge or the 79 Gillig?
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:11 AM   #5100
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 20,155
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
If I had more $ I'd bid higher but I'm bowing out at $900 on this one.
https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/au...ew?auc=2491230

First time I can remember bidding on a FL bus but looks real decent. 7 window high headroom WC bus with Cat 3126 and real decent tires (mostly).
Only at $960 currently with an hour or so left. Someone should scoop it up!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×