Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2021, 10:53 AM   #1

Smile Partially-Converted 2002 INTL Blue Bird Needs New Home

My wife and I are working over 60 hours a week and don't have the time to complete the conversion. Most of the hard work is already done. Titles already registered as an RV. Spent most of its life in Texas.
  • 220,000 miles
  • New tires
  • 2000W Inverter Generator Included
  • 4 batteries in battery box for all internal electrical needs (needs wiring)
  • Kitchen sink with water storage/heater Included
  • Click-Lock Wooden Flooring installed over subfloor
  • Queen-size Bed Platform
  • Floor and Side Walls Insulated
  • In working condition

Unfortunately the previous owner didn't use primer before painting the bus, so there's been a decent amount of peeling. I've power washed and sanded as best I could, but again don't have time to finish the job. We'd love to find a home with someone who has the time and resources to dress her up nice.

Please let me know if you have any questions

NW Ohio

$7500
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5039.jpg   IMG_5040.jpg   IMG_5041.jpg   IMG_5042.jpg   IMG_5043.jpg  

IMG_5045.jpg   IMG_5044.jpg   IMG_5046.jpg  

Bws2158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 06:06 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

What engine and transmission?
marc.72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 07:13 PM   #3

The engine is a Navistar T444e V8 Turbo Diesel.

I couldn't find info on the transmission -- on the registration, via VIN lookup, or on the bus itself. Any other ideas how I could find that for you?
Old 09-06-2021, 07:26 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bws2158 View Post
The engine is a Navistar T444e V8 Turbo Diesel.

I couldn't find info on the transmission -- on the registration, via VIN lookup, or on the bus itself. Any other ideas how I could find that for you?
Pic of the shifter can narrow it down.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:48 PM   #5

It's a 4-speed manual. Sorry, I just assumed you were looking for something more specific because I know this model came with a couple different transmissions and one is more powerful than the other.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5071.jpg  
Old 09-06-2021, 09:29 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

I did a cut and paste from a prior post, thought you might find this helpful in figuring out which transmission you have. Keep us posted...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Transmission ID is a little trickier, and while the pattern layout on the shifter can help in identifying the trans model, Allison installs a tag factory that will be on the right rear of the trans case (which for RE models will be toward the driver's side axle tube). This tag will have an unmistakable stamping of the trans model (AT545, MT643, 2000, MD3060 are the most common).

A 2002 is likely to have the 2000 or MD3060, I believe the AT545 and MT643 were only available as reman units by then, no longer a factory offering in new vehicles. A 2000 will have a T-handle shifter with either

R N (D) D 2 1
or
R N D 4 2 1

The MD3060 will have a flush console with an LED display, and buttons for R, N, D and up / down. This transmission is actually a six-speed auto, but sixth gear is locked out for skoolies. There is info here about how to unlock it if equipped with this transmission.

But remember, the only way to positively ID trans model is to crawl under and read the tag. For some, the shifter can only narrow it down to a choice of two.
marc.72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 11:46 AM   #7
Almost There

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird 35 shuttle cng
Engine: John deere
Rated Cap: 36
Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bws2158 View Post
It's a 4-speed manual. Sorry, I just assumed you were looking for something more specific because I know this model came with a couple different transmissions and one is more powerful than the other.
You said it was a four speed manual but the picture you posted was for an allison automatic type shifter. Do you have a clutch pedal and stick shifter and just sent the wrong picture? If it is an allison there is usually a plate on the passengers bottom side of the transmission. It will have a serial number and type on it.
demoman is offline   Reply With Quote