Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: Gill
Coachwork: Gillig
Engine: 636 c.i. CAT V8
Rated Cap: 33,700 GVWR
Parts/Advice for Gillig, Crown, Cummns, CAT, IHC, DD

I have several school buses that I am scrapping. I will be scrapping over the next year about 5 Gilligs, a Crown, and two Ford buses. I have already dismantled 7 buses. It is lhot filthy work, but you sure get to know the bus inside and out.

I have every component that ever came on a Gillig, probably two of them, and some stuff for the Crown. I also have transmissions, and engines. I always have one CAT 1160 and one 3208 availble at all times if someone needs one, along with two Cummins midship 220/250, and two DT466 six cylinder turboes.

I run a non-profit, and I don't keep the money from the bus parts. I use it to fund my project because I would rather work with buses than spend hundreds of hours begging friends on the phone for money. I've always liked mechanics anyway, and working on buses daily is like going to diesel mechancs school for free

My non profit is found at http://www.fresnoalliance.com/wheelchairproject
The Web Site loads very fast, so please take a muinute and look how I have put Gilligs and Crowns into service driving through Latin America.

My buses and I have driven from Fresno CA to Mexico probably ten times, also Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua. I've had some Very interesting times with policmen and soldiers and the like.

Ok, thanks for readingmy post. I am alwasy here to talk buses, and can offer advice from 14 years of owning buses.

Oh, I also have entire buses complete too. Everyting is diesel and has either a 5, 6 or ten speed transmission. No automatics.

Patrick Young
Wheelchair Project
Fresno, CA
mailto:WheelchairBusProject@yahoo.com
(559) 244-1042
(559) 251-3814

(559) 244-1042
(559) 251-3814
mailto:WheelchairBusProject@yahoo.com
https://fresnoalliance.com/WheelchairProject
Gilligs/Crowns and Parts is offline   Reply With Quote