Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2018, 05:29 AM   #21
Bus Geek

I am re-opening this thread because it has good information.

This is a warning: stop muddying up threads with all the purse swinging and bickering back and forth and STOP attacking individuals and calling them names and such

This is a public forum and we are supposed to be adults, act like it

If you do not have a nice helpful response DO NOT respond, that is simple

This is not being said to a particular individual, this is to everybody, the only ones that should take this to mean them, well, it is you that is causing an issue

Back to buying buses

bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:27 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil View Post
I am re-opening this thread because it has good information.

This is a warning: stop muddying up threads with all the purse swinging and bickering back and forth and STOP attacking individuals and calling them names and such

This is a public forum and we are supposed to be adults, act like it

If you do not have a nice helpful response DO NOT respond, that is simple

This is not being said to a particular individual, this is to everybody, the only ones that should take this to mean them, well, it is you that is causing an issue

Back to buying buses
I didn't realize the thread got closed.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:19 AM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT408 6.7L L6
Rated Cap: 14
Texas Auctions

I'm curious what the local auction websites are. Here's the one I bought mine from, they serve Texas and a few surrounding states. They have a $100 refundable deposit before you can even bid, but once you win your auction you can choose to roll it into the purchase price, or if you find one elsewhere, just email them and they'll refund it. For me it was worth it as the more popular auction sites got too much traffic, and I think the $100 up front weeded out quite a bit. Not only that, but knew I was looking at buses within driving distance, and reasonably sure they were rust free (mind the coastline).

It sure would be nice to know if there was a local CO auction site. One of those DT466/MT643R would be sweet.

https://renebates.com
Old 06-27-2018, 11:26 AM   #24
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdalfaro View Post
I'm curious what the local auction websites are. Here's the one I bought mine from, they serve Texas and a few surrounding states. They have a $100 refundable deposit before you can even bid, but once you win your auction you can choose to roll it into the purchase price, or if you find one elsewhere, just email them and they'll refund it. For me it was worth it as the more popular auction sites got too much traffic, and I think the $100 up front weeded out quite a bit. Not only that, but knew I was looking at buses within driving distance, and reasonably sure they were rust free (mind the coastline).

It sure would be nice to know if there was a local CO auction site. One of those DT466/MT643R would be sweet.

https://renebates.com
Places like Govdeals don't have the items on a lot at Govdeals. The items are in their own location. You have to look for the items being auctioned in your area. We'd all like our next door neighbor to have just what we wanted for $1500.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:16 PM   #25
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Places like Govdeals don't have the items on a lot at Govdeals. The items are in their own location. You have to look for the items being auctioned in your area. We'd all like our next door neighbor to have just what we wanted for $1500.

I know buses arent actually at a GD or a PS lot. My comment was meant to highlight a regional auction site. One that has less competition than GD or PS, and hopefully find more sites like it.

I.e. someone in TX can go to the site I posted and they are basically only bidding against other TXns or those aware of the site. Whereas everybody and their sister bids on buses on GD and PS. Less competition means lower prices and maybe you find that DT466/MT643R combo from CO that would be the ideal platform.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:35 PM   #26
Bus Geek

Quote:
I know buses arent actually at a GD or a PS lot. My comment was meant to highlight a regional auction site. One that has less competition than GD or PS, and hopefully find more sites like it.

I.e. someone in TX can go to the site I posted and they are basically only bidding against other TXns or those aware of the site. Whereas everybody and their sister bids on buses on GD and PS. Less competition means lower prices and maybe you find that DT466/MT643R combo from CO that would be the ideal platform.
A school system looking to recoup the most money is not going to list them at an obscure auction site, but one that gets the most exposure for the most money.

renebates is no different than Govdeals or Publicsurplus. They have 50 live auctions a year and over 700 online auctions of items that are not on their lot. Everybody and their sister knows about and bids on renebates
Old 06-27-2018, 01:21 PM   #27
Bus Nut

Quote:
A school system looking to recoup the most money is not going to list them at an obscure auction site, but one that gets the most exposure for the most money.

renebates is no different than Govdeals or Publicsurplus. They have 50 live auctions a year and over 700 online auctions of items that are not on their lot. Everybody and their sister knows about and bids on renebates

I know Rene Bates doesn't have a lot they auction buses from.

Obviously not as popular as GD and PS. I found them mentioned in only 7 posts on this site despite selling what is generally considered to be a good area (rust free) to buy from.

I'm sensing a bit of hostility from you, it might just be that humor doesn't translate well in text. Is there a purpose behind your replies? The thread was about places to find buses, I posted one, and asked about others. All you've done is counter what I posted, and I'm trying to figure out why...
Old 06-27-2018, 01:52 PM   #28
Bus Geek

Quote:
I know Rene Bates doesn't have a lot they auction buses from.

Obviously not as popular as GD and PS. I found them mentioned in only 7 posts on this site despite selling what is generally considered to be a good area (rust free) to buy from.

I'm sensing a bit of hostility from you, it might just be that humor doesn't translate well in text. Is there a purpose behind your replies? The thread was about places to find buses, I posted one, and asked about others. All you've done is counter what I posted, and I'm trying to figure out why...
No hostility, just trying to clear up any misconception you may have. Pointing out that the smaller obscure auctions just might have what you're looking for, it's a long shot, but possible. The larger auctions is where you'll find the largest selection at the best prices because they are many available. Again you mention "from a good area(rust free). Renebates sells stuff from all over the country, not just Texas.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:21 PM   #29
Bus Nut

Quote:
No hostility, just trying to clear up any misconception you may have. Pointing out that the smaller obscure auctions just might have what you're looking for, it's a long shot, but possible. The larger auctions is where you'll find the largest selection at the best prices because they are many available. Again you mention "from a good area(rust free). Renebates sells stuff from all over the country, not just Texas.
I think you may have Rene Bates confused with another company, perhaps Richie Bros? Yes, while they do have auctions from as far as FL, a quick look on their site shows that of the 87 current and most previously completed auctions, a full 84 were from TX, with 2 from FL, and one from OK. ALL 16 school district auctions were from TX. Which was my whole point. That is 16 School Districts in a (mostly) rust free state that use Rene Bates as their auctioneer of choice.

Current buses include;
1986 international bluebird 71pax
1992 international carpenter 30pax w/ lift
2004 international 59pax
2001 international 59pax
2000 MCI tour bus
2007 F450 transit bus
2001 international 72pax
1999 international 35pax
1991 international 72pax
1991 international 72pax
1991 international 72pax

All Texas buses.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:27 PM   #30
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
I worked for county government here for several years. We sent all of our retired vehicles to a local auction house with no online auction. Live only.

I saw some awesome bargains go at auction that I was not allowed to bid on

You can find bargains at the small regional auctions.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:28 PM   #31

Schoolie for sale

https://nmi.craigslist.org/cto/6628560767.html

Nice shoolie for sale Good price
parrotcoffeebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:40 PM   #32
Skoolie

Texas seems to be loaded with nice solid buses of all kinds. Craigslist has many listed daily.

I personally do not like the huge auction sites.

I prefer smaller school district auctions or private sources.
With patience you can always find the best deals this way IMHO.
I always have and I've been buying cars, bikes, buses and such for years this way.

I've owned several buses over the last 40 years and have always bought them from a private individual or a local school sale (usually sealed bid to the school district itself).

My last bus I just bought was a very clean 60's shorty bought 50 miles from home and at a steal of a price.

Seems this would be far easier to do in a place like texas, than in the rust belt where I live.

Patience is everything.

But to each their own.
CH777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:27 PM   #33
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: BlueBird
Engine: T444E
TX bus dealer option

I love a good auction, that being said I have never cared much for online vehicle auctions. Buying a vehicle sight unseen can be a risky pothole strewn affair. Many here do it successfully and I congratulate them. It just isn't my cup of tea so speak. If your in Texas or close to it you might want to check out Alamo City Bus in Adkins, TX which is right outside of San Antonio. They are a small operation but have a good selection of clean rust free buses at fair prices. They are getting in new stock all the time. If you are looking for something specific contact them and let them know what you want and just may be able to help you out. I just bought my bus from them, they treated me right and I am very pleased. It is a 1999 International Bluebird 3800, I was looking for a midsize bus and wanted a wheel chair lift. I got exactly what I wanted at fair price, it is in great shape with a strong motor and transmission. I didn't have any problems at all driving it the three hours to home. I could not be happier.
Poppabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:31 PM   #34
Bus Geek

Fair price means different things to different people. What kind of prices are they asking at that place?