Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #1

Please Help! Want Bus.

We are traveling merchants that promote and sell my husband's fantasy art at renaissance festivals around the western US. We love the idea of having a moving home for our family and are wanting a bus that is either partially converted, converted with a storage space (we carry a tent and merchandise), or not converted at all. We have no problem doing the interior work ourselves but need one that is merchanically sound, would do no good to be stranded with a 2 year old. Any help you guys could provide would be amazing, whether you know someone selling or have suggestions on what to look for! We are located in Utah but are heading into the Phoenix area for a renaissance festival from feb. 11 to apr. 1. Thanks again guys!

Amber
bad.art@live.com
my husband's fb:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1180371972

BADart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:26 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: Please Help! Want Bus.

You are going to have to figure out what size of bus you need. If you are a familyk then probably not a short one. If you want a dependable onek, my suggestion would to be to get one of the newer school busses that are recently off line from a school district as they generally are maintained well, normally have good tires, etc. And you also need to consider your budget not only for the bus, but the conversion as well.
A diesel bus with 150,000 or so miles or less will probably be pretty dependable.
Just a few thoughts.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American RE w/alison OD
Engine: 5.9 cummins 24 v
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Please Help! Want Bus.

I Second the purchase of a recently retired school district bus. Dont go after one that has been sitting for a long time, or one that has a large amount of rust in the body and chassis. Go with a diesel, and if you might tow something with this bus, look for one that is already capable as for the engine and trans. it is tough to upgrade one later.

I currently have a couple that were recently retired, but Im not sure which one I want to use myself. Im still evaluating my needs.

Good luck in your quest!

bluebirdjohn
bluebirdjohn is offline   Reply With Quote