Classifieds Posting Guidelines
Our classifieds system is offered as a benefit of membership. Here are some basic guidelines...
We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
All For Sale ads | You must be the owner of the bus or item
- Ads that are not active for 60 days will be moved to the classifieds archive however may be relisted if still available.
- Do not hijack another member's ad. For example, if a member has posted an ad offering a Gillig 35 for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have a Gillig 35 you'd like to get rid of also or to offer unsolicited commentary.
- For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message).
- Commercial members may have up to 5 ads active in a 60 day period AND must be a verified Skoolie Forum Commercial Member
- Do not bump Classifieds listings to keep the thread hot.
Your ad should include ALL of the following:
- ALL Ads MUST include asking price and location
- Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the item, such as eBay or Craigslist, etc. You may, however, link to a non-commercial webpage - such as a personal blog - if it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
- Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has been archived)Ads may be removed by our staff at any time for any reason.If your item has been sold, please post an update to your thread.
- Don't forget to add: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
RESPONDING TO ADS
- Detailed description
- Pertinent maintenance and condition information
- Exterior picture or pictures
- Interior picture or pictures
- Limit your responses to requests for clarification of details pertaining only to the item the seller is listing.
- Be genuinely interested in purchasing the item. If you are not interested in purchasing, don’t post.
- Off topic posts will be removed
All ads must comply with site rules. For reference, they are here: All Site Rules
Thanks for your cooperation.
. Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or ‘feels’ wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers ‘agents’ and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.
Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone who is buying or selling via e-mail.
Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.
Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
- Seller approached you via a direct email rather than posting an ad.
- No posts or very few forum posts.
- Recent forum membership
- Insists on conducting negotiations via email rather than PM
- Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion.
- Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with transaction. Location is required info in ads.