Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2020, 02:07 AM   #1

Running Bus Wanted in or near Massachusetts ASAP!

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to find a bus that will be converted to a full time home.

If you a have bus for sale, please do not hesitate to reach out. I'd like to achieve some kind of livable conversion before snowfall and before my lease is up in November.

Thank you,

Eric

Starship_D'Luxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 08:50 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
To find something that isn’t a rust bucket you’ll likely want to stay away from nearby busses..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:40 AM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: Phantom 40'
Engine: DDECII 6V92T Allison MT647
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs of potential
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
To find something that isn’t a rust bucket you’ll likely want to stay away from nearby busses..

Cadillackid is so right. I looked all over New England for nearly a year before I gave up on the rusty, worn-out $&!tboxes I found locally, and bought one in Southern California. I know that isn't particularly helpful to you with your short time frame, but the cross-country trip was an experience all in itself.

For what its worth, me2someday has another thread here advertising his bus in New Hampshire. Gilligs are very uncommon here in the east, he may have brought it here from someplace less salty. I'll paste it below:

FS: 2004 Gillig 35' in NH $5k
Hey out there in the internet...LIfe has taken a few turns recently and I have decided I won't have the time to proceed with my conversion so I'm offering up my 2004 Gillig Phantom 35' to someone who has the time and vision to bring it to completion. Bus has air ride, air driver's seat (Recaro) Cummins ISL engine and Voith trans, yes I know, some are scared of the Voith but it works perfectly and has low miles (under 200k). 2 new batteries last fall, and wired with trickle chargers to keep it ready to roll without issues. I have , included with sale'all service records from day 1 as well as the Gillig wiring, body, engine and operators manuals, it's a huge pile of literature. Throwing in some nice cabinet doors, an RV gas range, vent hood, microwave, macerating toilet, and anything else i can think of LOL! Clear title in hand, I'll post up pics when it stops raining.
Runs down the road 60+ mph no problem and I was able to get a paper temp plate to transport it when I bought it, stripped to the skin on the inside and all excess wiring for the safety switches etc. has been cleanly removed, a clean slate ready to be built to you liking, asking $5000, PM with any questions.
Phantom5824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:09 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

https://rsymonds53.wixsite.com/mci-5c

bus is in north central CT
rsymonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:49 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Used Buses

Try Sonny Merryman in Lynchburg Va. I just got a good one very little rust on it. Talk to Brent there.
Historymaker 60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wanted