Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Rv Fridge and Rv water heater

Is anyone interested near Savannah Ga in a RV fridge and an RV Water heater? They came in my bus when we bought it but we have decided to go with a tankless water heater and residential fridge.

SOLD

Old 05-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1979
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IHC
Engine: 366
Rated Cap: 48
Re: Rv Fridge and Rv water heater

I posted mine on kijij [kinda like craigslist] and sold them pretty quick. IIRC 200 for fridge and 50 for water heater. That's what I paid for my bus

Richard
alwaysFlOoReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
Skoolie

I will do that after I have given others of similar skoolie minds get a shot at it
Old 05-13-2014, 07:36 AM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 96
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 75

Ok, I'm new to the RVing and Skoolie world (sort of, long story). What is the difference between regular appliances and the RV appliances your have? is it just the power source, or more? How do they work compared to residential models as far as efficiency? Sorry for the question bomb, but I've found it is the fastest way to learn, and I'm in North Georgia so not too far away. I bought a set of Corvair Lakewoods out of Savannah a couple of years ago, yeah, my wife is still waiting for me to finish that project too.
Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:16 PM   #5
Skoolie

Sorry I dont know why I just got this. I am going with the residential model fridge because we will be living in ours and when we fulltimed in our 5th wheel we desired more fridge space. That is the main thing. For my wife an 8 gallon water heater isnt big enough to allow for her to shave her legs. Her preference. So for water heater I am using a Girard tankless model to make her happy or a 110v residential tankless. First one is $500+ other is $200.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:10 AM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Watch out for the residential tankless. They tend to want a better water flow than a 12vDC shurflo will produce. At least that was in our case (food cart, no showers). Ours was "touchy". Some work, some don't. We have a 10 gallon electric (2000 W element) tank type "residential. I can take a 15 minute really hot shower with a low flow residential shower head (we put a drilled out penny in as well). I also have a wet/dry rechargable shaver for my legs. We keep the power useage down by putting the water heater on a switch and just turning it on for 15 minutes before we need hot water, then turning it back off after the 15 minutes. The tank keeps the water pretty warm (doing dishes, washing face warm) for a long time but we still want to add a blanket to it as we do turn it off most of the time. I tend to shower until the hot water runs out. If I want a LONG hot shower, I hit the bathhouse.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #7
Skoolie

As we spoke before about this before I am using the Gerard Tankless. Its designed and built for RV use and I have had one once before on a fifth wheel I lived in with my family. Yes it is pricey at $400 but it works as advertised and will work even while using a 12v pressure pump boondocking style. It never took more than 30 seconds to get hot and was able to make cold Montana ground water (38 degrees) into a comfortable shower lightening fast.

http://greenrvproducts.com/girard-ta...-water-heater/

http://www.adventurerv.net/girard-ta...r-p-27164.html