Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2021, 05:44 PM   #41
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
Thanks for not giving one of US first crack at it. Since he did choose to list it here...
Sorry...I was trying to help the seller and didn't think that stopped anyone here from trying to buy it. My apologies if that interfered with your purchase! That wasn't my intent.

rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:44 PM   #42
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
I DO understand your neighborly intent to help by broadcasting further afield.
I'd normally applaud such a helpful act.
However, I was taught that the path to Hell is paved with good intentions...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossvtaylor View Post
Sorry...I was trying to help the seller and didn't think that stopped anyone here from trying to buy it. My apologies if that interfered with your purchase! That wasn't my intent.
I reckon if sfluke wanted to advertise more widely than here on the forum that he's subscribed to for going on 4 years, he *would* have.
While potentially beneficial to the OP, the resulting Fecebook feeding frenzy will likely drive off those of us who are *proven* to be seriously committed, non-wannabee, seriously-committible b'Gawd Skoolie folk.
We who'd dearly love nothing better than to lay our mitts on just *one* Crown motorcoach to transmogrify into something potentially better than it's original, incredible concept.
Jusayin'
Old 02-28-2021, 11:06 PM   #43
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokibrabrant View Post
It's just a bus. There's a dream a day. Pass the catsup. You seemed as bothered if not moreso then anyone else. USSFluke has left the building
I do so relish our condiment conversations
Old 03-03-2021, 04:14 PM   #44
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
Well I'm going to put Sfluke on blast here. I have attempted to contact him through messages for three weeks.
Offered on this Crown no questions asked and without contingencies. Without response. We've been talking amongst ourselves and that's all good. OP said he only had time to check in here a couple times a week. Fine. I figure when you enlist this or any other community in the sale of your bus with that comes a certain responsibility: An obligation even.

Just disappointing at several levels.
But would be nice to know if the bus has been sold, it would be nice to know if it hasn't. It would be nice for some thought and consideration be given to those who have an unrequited interest in this Bus.
I suppose it being posted here was just a fluke.
Old 03-12-2021, 03:25 AM   #45
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
From the onset I sent him too many messages to count. Offered him Cash with no contingencies. Five figures. As is where it sits.
No response. No reply. Nothing but empty bandwidth.
It must have been a Fluke he didn't respond.
No respect.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:22 AM   #46
Mini-Skoolie

I've wanted to revive this thread as I have finally found someone who can help me sell the bus without me having to fly to across the ocean and show the bus/handle the transaction. The bus hasn't moved in a year and I am unsure at what price I should sell it at as I simply don't have a lot of time or ability to help much in the sale. If you are interested in taking it on as a project, what I can say is that it is a frame and engine with NO rust. It runs well and is specced top of the line with an alison 4 speed transmission and a big engine (no problem going 50mph up highway passes).

I will have a friend of a friend be able to show the bus a few times in September if you are interested and looking for what in my opinion is one of the most beautiful buses out there (hence I'm struggling so much letting it go).

Feel free to DM me or email me at l at lucasvo - com
sfluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 02:10 PM   #47
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
For those who aren't wading through the prior pages, the original asking price the seller mentioned was $15K.

For sfluke, I would respectfully suggest that it would be good form (and possibly help you sell quickly) if you reached out to the other forum members who had tried to contact you when you first posted this bus. There were some seriously-interested folks who said they tried to contact you...see earlier posts in this thread...so reaching out to them might be a good idea.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 02:51 PM   #48
Mini-Skoolie

Yes, I’ve reached out to those that were interested ahead of posting in the thread. That is indeed good form.
sfluke is offline   Reply With Quote