Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2021, 10:18 AM   #21
Skoolie

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas Saf-T-Liner
Chassis: HDX with lift
Engine: Mercedes MBE 920
Rated Cap: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I have determined there was no scam, OP won't reveal how he got taken. Sounds like a sore loser to me.
Quote:
I think the OP did not do due diligence and got taken and is blaming it on the seller. Strange that he comes to bad mouth the guy, but won't say how he ripped him off.
Dude emailed me. Said he had what I was looking for. Sent a picture. I agreed on a price. He gave me an email address to Zelle the money. I did. 5 days later he needs $50 for "shipping". It's $7.20 by USPS. I finally realized I'm an idiot. Tracking the Zelle email, I found the name of the person who got the money. And her address. She freaked out, but didn't return the money. Police in Maryland have all the info. But I understand it's not a huge priority for them. Lesson learned. No community is free of bad actors. No big whoop. If you think there was no scam, feel free to do business with this guy. I'm sure he has the parts you need.

DAVEHOLMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:39 AM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVEHOLMAN View Post
Dude emailed me. Said he had what I was looking for. Sent a picture. I agreed on a price. He gave me an email address to Zelle the money. I did. 5 days later he needs $50 for "shipping". It's $7.20 by USPS. I finally realized I'm an idiot. Tracking the Zelle email, I found the name of the person who got the money. And her address. She freaked out, but didn't return the money. Police in Maryland have all the info. But I understand it's not a huge priority for them. Lesson learned. No community is free of bad actors. No big whoop. If you think there was no scam, feel free to do business with this guy. I'm sure he has the parts you need.
Hey, in all fairness to you and all those on this thread, are you talking about (scam) what happened in this thread...post # 8 & 11 ??

https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/w...ift-35756.html

From reading this thread alone. one cannot put these two threads together...

I searched for the user name using the advanced search button but did not see it come back as a user.

I googled his user name and that is how I found the other thread. Best to keep topics like this in just one thread so all reading can fully understand what is going on.

It sucks you got scammed but hey, lesson learned and you still have all the other blessings in your life to be thankful for!
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:41 AM   #23
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVEHOLMAN View Post
This is the first you mentioned how you got taken. Why did you pay using a system with no recourse?
Old 05-17-2021, 10:45 AM   #24
Bus Crazy

Also, In this thread you identified him as "Johnathan640" yet in the other thread from the image in post number 11, his name shows as "Johnmattel640"

A bit confusing...no ??
Old 05-17-2021, 10:52 AM   #25
Bus Crazy

So I found a telephone number for christian brown, on another website, 1 month old.

413-475-7846

He publicly advertised the number on a marine website, saying he know someone with a bench seat.

https://www.promasterforum.com/threa...ch-seat.94702/

I wonder if he is pulling scams on that site too!

Now try googling that telephone number, inside of parenthesis, and you will find more posts of possible scams related to that telephone number.

Reading all the other search results, it seems that this person is doing this on a regular basis, posting in response to someone's search for a part, saying that he knows someone that has one......
Old 05-17-2021, 12:01 PM   #26
Skoolie

Quote:
This is the first you mentioned how you got taken. Why did you pay using a system with no recourse?
I already said I'm an idiot. 😆
Old 05-17-2021, 12:35 PM   #27
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo1 View Post
Hey, in all fairness to you and all those on this thread, are you talking about (scam) what happened in this thread...post # 8 & 11 ??

https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/w...ift-35756.html

It sucks you got scammed but hey, lesson learned and you still have all the other blessings in your life to be thankful for!
Yep. I'm not letting it ruin my day. In a $7000 build out,, $200 aint the end of the world.. Just hoping to prevent others being ripped off.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:07 PM   #28
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Appreciate the "whole story", OP & ewo1.
Thanks for putting it out to help others possibly avoid getting taken.

It sucks even harder that there are those breathing the same air as we do, that resort to ripping off folks to make their living instead of finding a job and working an honest day to survive.

Unfortunately the damned internet makes it easy for them, with little repercussion for wrongdoing on the legal side...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:37 PM   #29
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteg59 View Post
Appreciate the "whole story", OP & ewo1.
Thanks for putting it out to help others possibly avoid getting taken.

It sucks even harder that there are those breathing the same air as we do, that resort to ripping off folks to make their living instead of finding a job and working an honest day to survive.

Unfortunately the damned internet makes it easy for them, with little repercussion for wrongdoing on the legal side...
NP, I hate scammers!
Glad I could help out!