Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2015, 01:25 PM   #1

Talking Searching for a 40' Semi-Converted Skoolie!!

Hello forum!!
I have recently made the decision to actively search for and convert a school bus into a home- and I am beyond excited. However, the time frame I am looking to do this in is a bit shorter than perhaps is typical. I am in search of a 40 footer, have been looking at the T444e models, but I am hoping to find something already semi-converted. I have a lot of construction know-how so I don't mind putting work into the layout and design, but I am apprehensive about doing this from absolute scratch. Ideally looking for something that already has kitchen/bathroom/electricity hook-ups. Run down is totally fine as well!! I still want to put my own mark on it so I can do my own refurbishing, but if I can find something with the more involved aspects already handled I would prefer it. Thanks all for looking!!!

Eschroed24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:33 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Welcome! --- And good luck on your hunt. There are plenty of buses out there in various states of conversion, just try to take your time and find one that will work for you.

As for engine choices, plenty of those as well, but most folks, unless they are factory trained diesel mechanics, prefer the all mechanical versions of most engines. Don't get me wrong...the "E" models are great...so long as all the gazillion sensors & computers are working right. But when they go wonky (and they WILL go wonky at some point) they can be a nightmare to deal with.

Just sayin'.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:56 PM   #3

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
I wouldn't want a 444E in a 40 ft. bus. It is basically the same thing as a 7.3 Power Stroke in a Ford pickemup truck.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:59 PM   #4

40 foot Bluebird for sale

I have this one for sale: RV converted school bus for sale

I am very flexible on the price.

For sale, 40 foot school bus once featured in the Statesman. Has been partially converted to an RV, but not currently used that way.

Runs well. Has RV electric hookup with circuit breaker. Comes with $1,000 worth of equipment to create a bathroom if needed, and two air conditioning units worth $600. Must be able to drive it away yourself, or hire a driver to move to your new location. Has storage bays underneath.

Would be great to convert into a food trailer.

You should really come check it out. Let me know if you want to come see it!.

Cash only, no trades. $7,000 or best offer.

Here is the original link: Couple create cozy home aboard bus | www.statesman.com
BusGuy is offline   Reply With Quote