Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Chassis: 2003 International CE; 2 A/C Units; PS; Air Brakes
Engine: T444E 7.3L Diesel Engine
Rated Cap: 72 Passengers
Selling an air conditioner

I have 3 A/Cs that came with my bus. Two are attached to one compressor/condenser unit and the third has its own condenser/compressor unit. All 3 units work great, but only if the bus is running.

If I were to put unit #3 up for sale, what is a reasonable asking price, and is there even any interest in such a system? The condenser unit (from under the bus) has a grid-type panel in front of it on the skirt of the bus which would go with it, as well as the old plastic sheathing for the hoses, and the plastic cover, which is cracked. Personally, we will be replacing the covers on the other 2 a/cs with nicer cabinetry-type covers.

We bought the drainage equipment to pull the freon (or whatever stuff is in there)and drain the lines and the tank to store it, but have to pick up the regulator thing that keeps water out of the lines when decompressing the system, so until that happens, I can't drain the lines, and that is about $200 away.

We live in the Central Texas (Waco) area, so whomever wants to buy the A/C system would have to be willing to pick it up. Is there anyone even interested, or should I just plan to keep all three units? I really would rather replace at least one system with an AC that doesn't require the bus be running to work.

The unit itself, under-belly condenser, grated skirt panel, on-engine compressor, all hoses, hose covers and unit cover would be put up for sale. Buyer would have to buy his or her own freon (or freon-equivalent). And come get the whole thing.

If there isn't any interest, then I'm not going to stress picking up the missing regulator I need to drain the lines until I have to. It is going to be a couple of weeks out after that before the unit can be removed, so it isn't immediately available.