Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2022, 08:22 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE200
Engine: T444e
Selling my Converted IC CE300 Skoolie

I'm looking to sell my original bus. Nothing wrong with it: as my boys lost interest in traveling I opted to build out a second bus that was more situated for 2 people where as this bus was more intended for 4 to 5 people. I've invested about $40,000 into the bus and the build-out. I'm hoping to sell if for $40,000 just to break even. The bus is located in Connecticut.

It is a 2008 IC CE300 with a MaxxForce DT with about 120,000 miles. I purchased it from the bus company in 2019 as it was coming out of service, and have all the prior maintenance records. A few key points was the all the EGR equipment was replaced at around 100,000 miles. Since I've had it, I had the breaking computer replaced (a $5000 repair), and have had the transmission lines replaced ($2,000). All fluids have been replaced this year (transmission, engine coolant, and an oil change was done about 1,000 miles ago). All 6 tires are brand new ($3000). And all new belts. The only issue is the AMP gauge doesn't always work, but the International garage said that wasn't anything to worry about since they tend to be totally accurate anyways. This was a Connecticut bus, but rust was just surface rust underneath. I did tear up the original floor and there was nothing more than a few areas of surface rust under the original floor. That was all sanded down and primed before new foam board and plywood was installed.

As far as the build out, I went with a white and gray rustic look. There is Renogy solar throughout with all 12V lights, outlets, and even used a 12V refrigerator, 12V DVD player and 12V 32-inch television. Full-size Propane stove, propane water heater for the shower and sink. There is a 12-gallon propane tank installed under the bus. This bus can be fully utilized off-grid. Has 2 roof fan/vents that do a pretty good job at circulating air throughout the bus to keep it cool off-grid. I used a portable AC for cooling when we are at RV resorts. For sleeping, the rear of the bus fits a queen-size bed. Then there are areas for 2 twin-size beds. And the seating area in the kitchen can also be used as a third twin-size bed. It has a 40-gallon fresh water tank under the queen-size bed, and a 40-gallon gray-water tank under the bus. I was using a camping toilet with the intent of installing a compost toilet which wasn't yet done. So no black-water tank.

Everything in the build out is functional at this point, but there is still a few cosmetic finishing touches that need to be done. About 75% of the cedar roofing is installed; the kitchen area still needs to have some of the roofing to complete. And some of the flooring needs to be completed. I have the cedar and the flooring, so I can either provide the rest of the materials to the buyer, or we can work something out.

Please see the photos attached. I also have construction photos I can provide to show how things were done.
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior_Front.jpg   Exterior_Rear.jpg   Kitchen_02.jpg   CeilingFan.jpg   Aerial.jpg  

Shower_Curtain.jpg   KidsBed.jpg   MasterBed.jpg   Television.jpg   DoorLock.jpg  

CeilingLights.jpg   Extinguisher.jpg   Hallway.jpg   Stairs.jpg  

cofrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 08:57 AM   #2

Bathroom and black possiblities

Is there room for a black tank underneath where one of the twin beds is?
MAMcKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 09:00 AM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE200
Engine: T444e
Yes to the black tank. The toilet is on the right side of the bus. The sink and shower are on the left side of the bus. The gray tank is underneath the shower and sink, to the left of the frame under the bus. My intention was to put a blank tank underneath the bus to the right of the frame, behind the gas tank. I laid it all out with there being enough space for the tank.

I actually have a flush RV toilet the black tank that I initially intended to install. If you are interested in the bus, I could throw those 2 things in.
cofrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 01:41 PM   #4

Hey, is your rig still available?

And what is the ceiling height?
justinfi is offline   Reply With Quote