Selling my short school bus. I got this bus to do a motorhome conversion but I now have a full time job and no longer have time to work on this project. Use it to complete the conversion, tow 10000lbs trailer or use it as a moving truck. I was choosing this bus very carefully after test driving several different ones. Some unique features marked with ** below:
- 2006 Chevrolet 3500 platform
- 6.0 Gas engine, very reliable, quiet and delivers a lot of of power. Minimal engine noise and vibration unlike Diesel engines.
- 21' foot long
- Automatic transmission with tow mode **
- Heavy duty rear axle with 4.10 gears 9500 lbs towing capacity **
- Custom made Torkift trailer hitch rated 10000 lbs **
- Air conditioner **
- 2 heaters, front and back
- Good all season tires
- Minimal rust for its age, I bought this bus from Bethel school district in Washington state where it is not snowing in the winter
- Engine in great condition, this bus was really well taken care of by the school district. Starts perfectly in any weather.
- Panasonic radio connected to 6 speakers in the bus
- Automatic door operates from a button, there are no extra metal hardware between driver seat and the door
- Being a short bus it's very maneuverable, it can make a u-turn anywhere like a normal vehicle
- Easy to park. If I park it backwards with rear overhang over the grass/curb it fits parking spot length perfectly sticking out just a little bit which looks perfectly normal.
- No passenger seats, I took them out. The only seat is the driver seat.
- Extra battery bay/storage made from angle iron bolted to the chassis. You would have to add the cover and paint it. I don't have time to finish this.
- Everything works. Despite its age and miles it is in excellent condition.
Asking $4800 OBO. Located in Pittsburgh, PA
See photos here: https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ct...664329193.html