Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2009, 01:18 AM   #1
Almost There

Re: Simi Valley, CA ~40ft 1986 Bluebird - partially converted

Have you replaced any tires or worked on the power steering issue? Any cleaning in the interior?

Castro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #2

Re: Simi Valley, CA ~40ft 1986 Bluebird - partially converted

what you might try to do to find a belt is go to a dealership that specializes in heavy duty trucks such as a Internation or Freightliner, they should if anything a quick reference book for fast moving parts, when it comes to auto parts stores today, they are basically just button pushers, they really do not know how to use books anymore, quite sad in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesccostello
The bus is drivable without the power steering, but difficult to steer at a stop. With the help of a friend we discovered that the steering problem is due to an incredibly loose V belt that I can't find at the automotive parts stores because the people at Autozone, Napa, and Kragen won't look for a part unless you specify that it is for a car that is in their system, and they won't let me go in the back to look for the same size belt.

As far as work I have done on the bus, I have just bought a new starting battery (they had a double-wide battery so I only needed one). I have installed an inverter, and I am working on fixing the generator. I am waiting for a machinist friend of mine, who is going to remake a part for the carburetor. I know the generator will work once the carburetor is working because I ran the lights off of gasoline in a spray bottle for a period of about 30 seconds. I have installed an inverter and some fluorescent lights which work perfectly fine off of the inverter's power. Also I have done a tiny amount of cleaning, but there is still a long way to go. If anybody wanted, since I already have the next month of storage paid, they could put a deposit down, and I could do a thorough job of cleaning out the interior.

Also, the bed in the back collapsed, and that is another thing I would be willing to fix, if the new buyer wanted.
mercurybluz is offline   Reply With Quote