Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2020, 08:39 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Chassis: Ford e450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Sourcing out the search

Feeling a little weary looking online every day for the right bus, especially as I am a full time mom and have educated myself but still am not confident I know what’s a good buy.
Has anyone ever discussed a person’s needs and found that person the right bus for a fee? I feel like this might be worth it for us if this idea actually makes sense.
I want to do it myself but maybe need help getting over this hump.
Thanks.

awilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:04 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
There's people here that watch the auctions pretty regularly, so they might be willing to take you up on your offer. Many here have a lot of experience buying from the auctions too, so they know the ins and outs. Might be able to hire out the easy-to-get-burned-out-on demolition work too (seats, walls, etc.). There's at least one flipper that used to be on here who I'd be wary of, I haven't seen him lately though. It would help to know what you're looking for (size, use, etc.) just to make sure you don't end up with a bus that doesn't suit your needs.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:36 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
Also be wary of buses from northern states where rust is very common.

What are you looking for? Or do you seek help with that too?
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 11:56 AM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Chassis: Ford e450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Thanks, Drew and Brad.

I guess it is kind of a flipper I am looking for, an honest flipper, with the added part of someone also willing to talk about needs before settling on what to find.

I wonder what the details would be, in terms of fee, when it would be paid (upon finding bus? Hours put in?) Also if it would be safe to also hire the person to pick up and deliver if it is too far for me to travel (my toddler stays with me).

Someone connected me with a person with a lot of experience in a private message. I will send them a message when I have more time. Would welcome any other public or private recommendations for person who may be good and interested.

As to needs and what I think I am looking for, I am a mom to a toddler and halftime two stepsons. We live in New York City and will need to parallel and street park, so, have to stay short. But I can build in Rhode Island at my grandma’s where I go regularly. Thinking a bed that folds up with three seat belts in the back and a captains chair that a front facing car seat can strap to. Want space for basic cooking and would love to fit a wood stove. Have been looking on the auctions for a pre 2004 diesel shortie. I know the engines and trannies that folks like but am not confident I know enough. Still wonder if for us gas could make more sense.

Thanks for reading.
awilder is offline   Reply With Quote