Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2020, 09:02 AM   #1

Thomas Freightliner for sale

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/d/brooklyn-freightliner-thomas-b2-skoolie/7120079073.html

See link for photos.

What you’re looking at is a special bus. This is not your run of the mill used school bus of unknown origin - this is a pristine example of a 2008 Thomas Freightliner B2B with 92,000 miles and an MBE 906 engine and Allison transmission.

Mechanical Condition
This bus was cherry picked from a fleet of available busses, by the fleet service manager of Mile Square, for his own personal conversion. The bus stayed in his shop for a short time before he realized that he would rather build out a brand new Sprinter conversion. That is when I purchased it, after it was recommended to me by my uncle who is a bus inspector.

The bus is in mechanically immaculate condition. This is not an auction lot bus, this is the nicest condition B2 bus that the service manager could find out of 100 or so busses that he could choose from. The bus was maintained by his mechanics from new and is flawless.

The engine and transmission on this bus are extremely reliable and was one of the factors that influenced the fleet manager to select this bus for his build.

Why this bus?
I am an architect and I purchased this bus because spatially it is extremely well suited to a conversion. My dream was to quit my job, convert this bus with my girlfriend and travel around the US boon docking in national parks.

It has high 6’-7” ceilings that slope minimal toward the sides. It has tall tinted windows that have a higher than typical sill and are easily removable/serviceable. It has a side emergency exit door that is very well located. I drew up designs for this bus, which is 37 feet long, and the interior space is extremely generous.

I am happy to share my plans and designs with anyone who is interested in the bus.

Purchasing
The bus is currently located near Manchester, NH and can be seen most days during daylight hours. The bus is currently uninsured so cannot be driven, but it starts right up and, if required, a test drive for a serious buyer can be arranged prior to final sale.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. My phone number is six-oh-nine five-five-ate too-tree-ate-sven.

Thank you!
Toshi

Toshiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:19 AM   #2
Almost There

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC RE
Engine: Cummins 8.3 MD 3060
Rated Cap: 84
Hello,
I live in Maine and have been searching for months for a bus to convert and live in with my family. I am interested in a well cared for bus nearby, they are hard to find. Where was this bus in service? What is the extent of rust?
I am a little worried it is a bit too small for us. We have been looking at 40 ft flat noses. What is the square footage of the livable interior space? Thank you!
Amanda
Mandinee1 is offline   Reply With Quote