Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2021, 08:17 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Trade 2003 full size fe dt466e for shorter bus

I understand this might be a long shot, but I have a 2003 78 passenger (~38ft) international fe flatnose that I’d be interested in trading for a shorter bus. My bus is in south central Mississippi, and I’m in Seattle. This is just a feeler and any deal might take a few months, so if you’re in a hurry this isn’t for you. I guess eventually I’ll sell the bus but figured I’d try this first.

What I’ve got:
Dt466e (pre DEF) with md3060 and high ceilings. We bought the bus with someone else’s build in place and took it all out, so it’s stripped to bare metal. Is is registered as a motor home in Florida. Wall and ceiling panels are off and insulation out. Many windows are removed and covered with thin galvanized roll, we’d planned to replace it all with thicker material and rv windows. Two ac units look to be all there but aren’t working.

The bones are solid but the biggest issues are floor rust (frame and undercarriage look good), and that I overheated the engine. A mechanic went through it, and I think no serious damage was done, no coolant in the oil pan but I haven’t had oil or coolant analysis done. In frame rebuild is possible with this engine. The bus is losing coolant somewhere and I kept it topped up for the drive from Tampa area to central Mississippi. There are some other things to button up before a long drive, things left rough or sharp, etc.

I also have most of the big appliances and power infrastructure to build out the bus (~3000w of solar panels, inverter, charge controller, batteries, nature’s head, and lots more, all unused). If possible I want this stuff on the west coast and if transport could be part of our deal that would be great. If not I might sell it all together.

What I want: Must be under 30ft, pre 2004, high ceiling, diesel. For engine I want a 5.9 or dt466, maybe a 6.9 or 7.3. I can live with an at545 or 5 speed manual. Flatnose preferred. I don’t want to travel past the western states to pick up a bus. I’m looking to build out most of the new bus, so better untouched or empty. Let me know if you have any ideas.
Attached Thumbnails
89607845_1328224310699104_8804761705260586420_n.jpg   90089648_514347806149161_4352729431917941015_n.jpg  

Desmoines12 is offline   Reply With Quote