RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-29-2020, 11:56 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 11
Used AT2000 and T444e Parts near Atlanta

Hi. I have a used Allison AT2000 transmission, working when pulled from a bad T444e engine. Also have many parts from the T444e, including injectors, turbo, radiator, fan, compressor, engine computer, wiring harness, block, etc.

Bus was a 2001 International 3800 dog-nosed.

Located near Atlanta, GA.
Rsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 12:48 PM   #2
Bus Nut
 
kazetsukai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Windham NH
Posts: 989
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International RE
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsurf View Post
Hi. I have a used Allison AT2000 transmission, working when pulled from a bad T444e engine. Also have many parts from the T444e, including injectors, turbo, radiator, fan, compressor, engine computer, wiring harness, block, etc.

Bus was a 2001 International 3800 dog-nosed.

Located near Atlanta, GA.
What are you wanting for it?
kazetsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:17 PM   #3
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 14,109
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
any Air conditioner compressor brackets from the 444E? im looking for the dual-stacked compressor mounts
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:17 PM   #4
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 14,109
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
what happened to the engine? flat lifter? drop a valve?
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:51 PM   #5
Bus Crazy
 
Jolly Roger bus 223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Swansboro,NC
Posts: 1,308
Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
is the transmission, TCM, connecting cables all there?
if so ? what price for those?
not that far from atlanta.
i would like to know about the motor as well.
what happened to it if you know?
you have the stuff out so you know wrenches?
i could be interested in all but i would like to know about the motor issue?
i bring this up because i have seen a tranny issue overheating the motor with the integrated radiator mess to many times.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:10 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
any Air conditioner compressor brackets from the 444E? im looking for the dual-stacked compressor mounts
I'm sure I have that, but wouldn't know exactly what it looks like. PM me and we'll coordinate a video call.
Rsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:12 AM   #7
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 14,109
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
what happened to that engine? im curious because I have a 444E and like to hear of when they fail so I can do checks on mine / preventative
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:12 AM   #8
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
what happened to the engine? flat lifter? drop a valve?
I'm not sure. I got it at auction, and the school district said vaguely "needs new pistons", but it looks to me like they weren't using the bus, let it sit, then eventually started pulling parts off of it as spares for the other buses. There were no obvious signs of failure like leaks or coolant in the oil.
Rsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:13 AM   #9
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger bus 223 View Post
is the transmission, TCM, connecting cables all there?
if so ? what price for those?
not that far from atlanta.
i would like to know about the motor as well.
what happened to it if you know?
you have the stuff out so you know wrenches?
i could be interested in all but i would like to know about the motor issue?
i bring this up because i have seen a tranny issue overheating the motor with the integrated radiator mess to many times.
I'm not sure, but it should all be there, as the transmission was bolted to the engine until last week. PM me to coordinate a video call, and I'll show you what I have.
Rsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:17 AM   #10
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 14,109
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
prob a bad injector.. easiest way to destroy one of these is to get a bad injector and keep running it.. fuel will fill up the oil pan and wash out the rings and bearings and then you have excessive blow-by and low oil pressure... ive seen it on more than one.. actually kind of looking for a good engine for a friend's bus that has the issue I described..



engine riuns great but has 15 PSI poil pressure warmed up and enough blow-by to fog for mosquitos out the draft tube.. and a bad #8 injector...
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:25 AM   #11
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
what happened to that engine? im curious because I have a 444E and like to hear of when they fail so I can do checks on mine / preventative
I'm not sure. I got it at auction, and the school district said vaguely "needs new pistons", but it looks to me like they weren't using the bus, let it sit, then eventually started pulling parts off of it as spares for the other buses. There were no obvious signs of failure like leaks or coolant in the oil.
Rsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:29 AM   #12
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
prob a bad injector.. easiest way to destroy one of these is to get a bad injector and keep running it.. fuel will fill up the oil pan and wash out the rings and bearings and then you have excessive blow-by and low oil pressure... ive seen it on more than one.. actually kind of looking for a good engine for a friend's bus that has the issue I described..



engine riuns great but has 15 PSI poil pressure warmed up and enough blow-by to fog for mosquitos out the draft tube.. and a bad #8 injector...
I have the injectors out, and was planning to sell those separately, or keep as spares in case I ever lose one. Was also planning to pull the CPS, IPR, etc.
Other than that, if you want the engine block and all internals, I'll sell that for $200.
Rsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 10:48 AM   #13
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 14,109
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I want a known good long block with turbo ..


from yours, if it had A/C with dual compressors im interested in the mounting brackets and add-on pulleys...
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×