Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #1

Used Buses in New England_DT466

I'm looking for a mechanically sound donor unit that has a DT466/drive-train/etc. My current bus has a DT360 and it needs to be swapped out for better performance. I live in New England so ideally this donor would come from this part of the world. Does anyone have any guidance on the used bus/other promised land? Please let me know. Thanks.

ipswichsprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: Used Buses in New England_DT466

Why restrict yourself to pulling the motor out of a school bus? There are probably more trucks out there.
Here's an example. Look at the 1978 International cab & chassis with a DT466 found in the Want Ad Digest, which covers Eastern New York and Western New England, in "Trucks, International":
http://www.wantaddigest.com/view/cat...0International
$1800, and less than 4 hours from Boston, or just a skip and a jump from the Berkshires or Western Connecticut.

If you are further east & north, check out Uncle Henry's, which covers Maine. http://www.unclehenrys.com
A search for "International" in "Trucks - Medium & Heavy Duty" turned up a 1985 cab & chassis with a DT466 in Auburn ME for $1500

A lot of the local Pennysaver-type ad pages have these online counterparts. If there's one local to you, check it out.

Good luck!
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:47 AM   #3
Bus Geek

have you tried turning up the hp/rpm's with the dt360? It is a free modification and made a HUGE difference with my skoolie.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

Valley Transportation in Woonsocket, RI has a genesis flat-nose for sale with a DT466 and an Allison...though it would be a shame to part it out, it's in good shape (even has A/C!).
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote