Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2010, 10:58 PM   #1

Year: 1984
Coachwork: ?
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: v-8 international
Rated Cap: 40
veg oil engine skoolie $8,000

1983 International engine

Thompson built school bus

Converted Engine to run off veg oil

inside has been converted to a camper

inside has propane stove, recliner, queen size bed, dinette that drops down to a twin size bed

has all Equipment to collect filter and clean veg oil on the go

has solar panels on roof that runs all electrical and filtering equipment

it is turn key, once you get in you will not have to do any thing but collect oil and go!

tony_tschida@hotmail.com

941-323-3286
Attached Images

ttschida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Re: veg oil engine skoolie $8,000

Where is it located? Florida, by the area code....

Paul
PRyberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #3

Im actually in Sonoma, CA right now. But im from MN and I noticed that thats were you are, we are planning to head that way soon but we could possibly head up that way sooner if you might be interested.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Sounds very interesting....but Minnesota is a long way out of the way from almost anywhere to almost anywhere.

Do let me know if you're heading this way. I really would like to see the bus.
PRyberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #5

MN is my end destination, I was planning to sell it out here but the for the right buyer I can bring it back to MN. Im very flexible. Also you should check it out on ebay. Search for "vegoil school bus camper" and you should find it.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #6

Does this price seem like Im asking too much?
Old 07-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #7
Skoolie

Year: 1978
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: ford
Engine: 406 Ford
Rated Cap: 25

Hello-
Regarding your question...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttschida
Does this price seem like Im asking too much?
... my initial answer is yes, but that's mainly due to the year of the bus. You say it has some pretty nice improvements, though, in the way of the WVO conversion and the solar, so I would suggest listing a detailed account of the improvements with the cost of those listed as well.
Unfortunately (for sellers), it is currently a buyer's market, so if you want top dollar and won't budge, you may have to wait for a better market to come along.
Hope this helps.
bus-ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: 6.6L Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 26

I concur with Bus-ted. Unless you are willing to sit quite a while on it, the market isn't there, probably won't come back for a loooong time either. Government surplus vehicles are in the same boat. I've been the surplus business for 11 years. Everything except arms, munitions, food stocks, and bug-out equipment is way down. This trend should tell people something......

In addition to the conversion, there are some really nasty side effects concerning the fuel injection distributor pump. I tinkered with WVO for about four years until my FIDP literally fell apart out in the middle of nowhere. The acid developed by WVO is corrodes the internals within the pump at an alarming rate. The only effective way to clean them is to wash the fuel by using a water based detergent. The flip side is the residual water in the fuel. I had a centrifuge and would spin the heck out of the fuel, but still I had residual water and fatty acids in the fuel. The centrifuge would also spin the dirt out of lubricating fluids as well. However, it also spun out other additives as well. I could go on about all the research I did in those four years, as well as the Fisher-Tropsch extraction process. However, that's for another thread and another time.

I know very well I'm being extremely brief in my synopsis. There are many points to WVO I didn't include in this response. Just suffice it to say (IMO) if WVO was actually viable, there would be way more interest in it than what currently exists. Just observing from my own experience......
Old 07-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #9

Those are good points about the price thank you very much. And about what was said about how veg oil can hurt the engine...well if your not careful about were you get the oil from, yeah your gunna mess your stuff up. However, IF you had spent more time on it you would have realized that it's not as bad as you say, maybe you were getting really wet oil? I built this myself and went around the distributor pump, the veg oil line has no contact with any part of the engine till it hits the injectors.
I did this by adding a second fuel pump on the veg line and then splitting the veg line with the diesel after the lifter pump. The bus has run like a dream for two years on veg oil and across every mountain range in America.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #10

is this bus still available?
blue coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:56 AM   #11

yeah, is it still available?
GypsyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote