Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
Veggie powered Party Bus with 8 Person Jacuzzi Inside

I figured this should be listed here

eBay Link

Vehicle Description

You are Bidding on a one of a kind partybus that features among other things, an 8 person Cal-Spa Jacuzzi that holds approximately 400 gallons of water. The Jacuzzi has 14 jets powered by a Honda 5.5 hp gasoline pump. The jacuzzi was converted from the original 220 volt electric pumps due to safety concerns. The bus also comes equipped with holding tanks that store about half the water from the hot tub during transit to reduce water sloshing. The water is heated utilizing excess engine heat. It takes less than 10 minutes to move the water from the holding tanks to the jacuzzi. There are large flaps that open on the sides of the bus to expose the jacuzzi to fresh air and help with ventilation. These flaps are approximately 2 feet high 9 feet long.

The original chassis is a 1991 Ford/Ward B700, 71-passenger school bus. Actual mileage according to the odometer is just less than 280,000 miles. Engine is a 6.6-liter Brazilian made ford turbo diesel with intercooler. Vehicle comes equipped with an Allison automatic transmission believed to be an AT545. Air brakes, with air ride seat, and quick disconnect for air hose to run tools or fill tires. I purchased this vehicle direct from the school district and have been using it frequently for about 25,000 miles. The bus was completely remodeled in early 2005. The vehicle has been seen in newspapers, a magazines, and at least one book. Darren Mccarty of the Detroit Red Wings autographed the ceiling. I’ve personally driven the vehicle from michigan to Reno then LA and back to michigan on a 7,000 mile road trip. Maintenance records are available through Lapeer community schools in Lapeer mi.

A brand new Cal-Spa jacuzzi of the same size by itself would sell for more than the starting bid for this incredible head-turning vehicle. The bus is the life of the paty when tailgating, going to sporting events, or just going out on the town.

110 Volt system accessories include: 19" color TV, pioneer Dolby digital stereo system with two 10" subwoofers, and four 6" speakers. VCR/DVD/CD/mp3 player. Multiple 110 volt GFI protected outlets, 12 volt, 3 stage microprocessor controlled battery charger. Honda Intek powered 6,000-watt 110/220-volt generator. Interior has several blacklights and blue rope lighting. Shore power connection, and 110 volt 700 watt inverter.

12 volt accessories include: New AM/FM stereo receiver with two 5"x9" speakers, and four 4" pioneer speakers, XM-satellite radio receiver, all connected via RCA jacks to the 110 volt pioneer Dolby digital surround receiver. Auxiliary 12 volt receptacle. 2 deep cycle batteries charged with the alternator, but separated from the starting battery with a battery isolator. 6 white interior dome lights,

Front door opens with remote keyless entry. Dry seating for about 12 people.

Custom rubber floor, acrylic mirror covered walls. Furniture is covered in black duvatyn (looks and feels much like velvet) fabric with a couple of minor tears.

I will attempt to disclose all major problems with the bus. The engine runs great, the transmission shifts smoothly the brakes work perfectly. In the approximately 25K miles I’ve driven the bus I’ve never had to add transmission fluid. Fuel gauge does not work. Tires are in need of replacement soon. Steer tires are in much better shape than the rears. The bus leaks some fluids. I have replaced the starter, and the water pump. The bus also went into the shop for a small diesel fuel leak that was draining into the crankcase. The stock engine driven coolant fan has been replaced with a 12 volt electric fan.

Top speed on flat ground of 57 mph. Mileage is approximately 8.5 miles per gallon on diesel fuel. The bus comes equipped with a vegetable oil kit that allows the engine to run on diesel fuel, or environmentally friendly vegetable oil. (Veggie oil is free from many restaurants.) The bus has burned approximately 1,000 gallons of vegetable oil in the past year. This feature has saved me a small fortune in fuel costs!

I would encourage everyone to come inspect the vehicle prior to placing your bid.

Photos may differ slightly from the bus' current state. Some photo's were taken before or during the spring 2005 remodel project.

Payment instructions: $1,000 deposit due within 48 hours of auction end. Deposit completely refundable upon inspection of vehicle within 5 days of auction end. Remainder of the payment due within 5 days of auction end. Vehicle is to be removed within 1 week of auction end. This vehicle is sold as is where is.

Any questions? feel free to contact me via e-mail or call me @ 586.481.1011

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote