Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2017, 09:06 AM   #1

WANTED - 70(ish) Seater School Bus For Sale In Canada

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this forum so please be gentle with me...

Me and my wife are moving to Vancouver at the end of April and are planning on buying an old school bus and converting it into an RV. I've been doing a lot of research and it seems that, although there is more choice and better value for money when buying a bus in The States, it's probably going to be a nightmare importing vehicles into Canada.

We are looking for a big bus, around a 72 seater and would be looking to spend between $3000-$7000 in total on buying the bus. If anyone has any advice on where to be looking it would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Tom

tomkeulemans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:47 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Chassis: Ford F450
Engine: 7.3 L
A few thoughts, from this Canadian bus owner. Yes, there are many more options from the US with much better price tags. However we have recently been in the market for a new bus and were advised the process from the US to Canada is remarkably simple. We have NOT done this yet, but it was described as follows:

1. Go to the ICBC website and make sure it's a vehicle approved to come into Canada.

2. Submit the ownership to the border 3 days prior to arriving at the border, to have the paperwork ready when you arrive.

3. Go to Canadian Tire and have the paperwork verified (yes, somehow Canadian Tire is an option for this!)

4. Go and register at the ICBC, paying necessary taxes.

Also, this: https://www.riv.ca/ImportingAVehicle.aspx

However IF you are set on buying in Canada, Kijiji is our Craig's list, and there are opportunities through vehicle auctions.
ReleaseTheKraken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
british columbia, canada, school bus for sale