Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2021, 01:29 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2006
Question Wanted: Bus in Ontario (Canada) or Where to Buy?

Hi all,

I'm just starting my search for my future home and I'm not sure where else to look. I've been checking kijiji and a local auction, but not having a ton of luck - a few possibilities a lot of duds.

So I figured I would ask here! I'm looking for a 2000 - 2010 full size) bus, dog nose, diesel, preferably around or under 300,000km. I'm trying to be flexible about engine/transmission/other details. Safetied/certified a bonus. I would consider an older bus if it was in fantastic shape. I want to do the conversion myself, to suit my mobility needs, but a bus with the interior stripped would be nice to save on that work.

Any tips on where to look in Ontario, Canada would also be helpful. I'm about 1.5 hours north of Toronto but willing to drive within the province for the right bus.

Thanks!

Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 03:08 PM   #2

Hi Morgan, I haven't bought my bus yet, but I phoned my local bus companies (there are three in my area) as well as Voyago bus company. They all said they sell to the public, but I have to wait until the end of May or early June before the bus companies know what their inventory will be
I hope that helps and good luck!
lilmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:42 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2013
Engine: Ford E450
Hi Morgan,
Just happen to see this here in Ontario

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.AdvSearchResultsNew&searchPg=Cat egory&additionalParams=true&sortOption=ad&timing=B ySimple&timingType=&category=94H
Whome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:48 AM   #4

Year: 2007
Coachwork: C2 Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: CAT 7
Hi there we bought us at local transportation bus business near Ottawa , it’s a middle size cost $3000 safety and inspected by them.. project 3/4 done ��. We got our Rv paper right away , we still looking for insurance company .. do yu hve any tips for that
rycatpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:23 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American 3904-4100
Engine: Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 84
Im about 8 hours from Toronto, selling mine. Its mostly converted though, I know you said you'd like to do it yourself, but may be worth checking out! I'll post the link, good luck in your search!

https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/f...10k-35840.html
Brndn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 02:15 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycatpat View Post
Hi there we bought us at local transportation bus business near Ottawa , it’s a middle size cost $3000 safety and inspected by them.. project 3/4 done ��. We got our Rv paper right away , we still looking for insurance company .. do yu hve any tips for that
Hi Morgan,
I'm so sorry, I didn't see this email until now.

Wow, congratulations on the purchase, and so close to home. Unfortunately, due to Covid and other things I had to sell my bus. When I purchased the bus, regulation that I had to have it towed off the facility and since I had to pay $300 for the towing, I decided to have it towed to the storage while waiting to do the insurance and registration.

Anyway, do you mind to let me know from whom you bought the bus so when I can afford to buy again I can check them out? Did you also get insurance for your bus as well?
Thank you,
Old 05-25-2021, 03:35 PM   #7

Year: 2007
Coachwork: C2 Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: CAT 7
I bought at Leduc bus line in Clarence- rockland near Ottawa .. conversion not all done yet so assurance not done because they want evaluate before give a price .. but I got the Rv registration right away when I bought
rycatpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 04:15 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Thank you, I will keep this in mind.

Tags
bus wanted, canada, ontario