Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91
cowlitzcoach--Yep, I know what you mean about all the "Fun" involved with owning and running a Charter company. I had a PD4501 Scenicruiser and it was a magnificent bus, reliable and comfortable to drive long distances, and somewhat Crown like in it's handling, rock solid in high winds, and good overall GM driving qualities, easy to maintain, even though the A/C caused most of the troubles, with leakage and being undersized by the current standards of the days in the early 1980's. I also got an MC8, later on for those customers that demanded a newer bus....little did they know. I also had a Crown Tandem about 1960 or so, with the short wrap-around windshield, that had been re-powered to a 6-71 with 10spd O/D non-turbo'd, of course, in those days. I loved that 'Cruiser, but I made more money with the Crown because it would run during the week for school and camp trips, but the 'Cruiser mostly ended up on weekend trips, with a lot going to Las Vegas. Eventually all the the headaches and complications with having to meet new Kalifornia regs just got to be too much, so I said Sayonara and found something else to do with my time, instead of working 24 hours a day for eight days a week. I prefer now to drive for other guys and let them pay all the bills and take all the flack. I'd rather just enjoy the driving, which is really why I do it, after all. Best business I ever got out of. But I now have a magnificent Crown to keep on driving anywhere and whenever I want to. Life can be sweet behind the wheel of a Crown on the road and 70+ mph....up or down hills....as I pass them...with a joyful.....Bye Bye. I'm pretty sure you, and certainly serpent knows what I mean, since his Crown is the twin brother of mine.

Crown_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bus, crown, supercoach