Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 8.2L Detroit N/A, Allison
Rated Cap: 65
Western Kansas Buses for Sale...

My school district is selling off two buses at auction next month. I don't know the exact details on them. But I can certainly find out all the details for you or give you Bus Barn Bob's contact info. What's going to hit the block is a 1996 Ford with a 5.9 Cummins. If it's the one I'm thinking of it's a 30-something passenger, Thomas high-top. I'm not sure on that. Most of our Fords are either AmTrans or Thomas. I'll wager that it has Lucas-Gerling brakes. There is also a 1995 International (probably again a Thomas) with a T444e motor. We have a several of these and I don't know which one it would be.

For reference, the District sold 5 buses at auction this last fall...
.viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4673
This is the link to what I posted on them a while ago.

If anyone is looking for a bus, I think these would be two great buses. I can get you pics and whatever info you'd like. Our buses are well maintained and driven on pretty flat ground...both are automatics I'm sure. If the Ford is the one I'm thinking of, there's less that 20000 miles and may have factory AC and a rear ramp. But I can certainly find out.

Ben.

NewSkewlHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 8.2L Detroit N/A, Allison
Rated Cap: 65
Re: Western Kansas Buses for Sale...

Here is the link to my public part of my Facebook page that has pictures of the buses. I stand absolutely nothing to gain by advertising these buses...other than perhaps helping someone out. Although I do hope to keep my teaching job! This economy sucks!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 579c6bee9c

Ben.
NewSkewlHauler is offline   Reply With Quote