Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #1

WTT 1999 VW aircooled Mexican convertible

I am looking to trade my 1999 Mexican VW aircooled bug for a Shortbus. Please read the description of my 99' Mexi on original Pan. Beautiful motorized ragtop/ convertible VW with no frame or body rust and drives like and straight ( a must see). Please email me with pics of yours if interested. I prefer a diesel engine and something that originally seated between 18-35 passengers.

1999 "Mexican" Air-Cooled VW Bug on original pan
Currently Clear Titled and tagged, insured in Florida as 1999 assembled due to Mexican VIN.

Air-cooled VW Bugs continued to be manufactured at the Mexican VW plant until the last production run in 2004 known as the "Ultima Edicion". Attributes and non-attributes to the bugs were an onboard computerized engine diagnostic module (Digifant), front disk brakes, fuel injected 1600CC engine with hydraulic valves requiring no manual adjustments, no thermostat given the Mexican hot dry climate, early model windshield defrost system, flat windshield, updated dash, one control lever for heat which only supplies heat to front area (not under rear seating area)

ENGINE: 44hp @ 4000rpm fuel injected 1600cc air-cooled, hydraulic valves (similar to Type 4 and waterboxer lifters), revised thicker cylinder heads requiring ¾" spark plugs, full flow oil filter pump with larger gears for higher oil flow (provides better filtering to avoid fouling hydraulic lifters), remote spin on oil filter. No thermostat or air shutters used in cooling as the ECU (electronic control unit) controls mixture during warm-up to prevent fuel washing the cylinder walls (I had a U.S thermostat and shutters recently installed because the factory fan shroud was still designed for it and I wanted for Maryland cold climate to heat quicker). Fuel and ignition controlled by Digifant 1.82 ECU unique to the air-cooled engine. Fuel injectors are located at the manifolds on the cylinder heads and inject directly at the intake ports which vaporizes the fuel at the heads which helps cool the heads.
ELECTRONICS: Breaker-less non advance distributor is used similar to 86-91 wasserboxer in the vanagon. Advance is controlled by the Digifant ECU. Signal from the ECU triggers a square coil with an integral electronic module. Plug wires are newer style electrical connector that grip pin. Spark plugs are ¾" longer threads due to thicker head walls. Digifant ECU communicates for adjustments and diagnostics through use of VAG1552 or VAS5052.
BODY: fully retractable motorized convertible top installed by company in Mexico as a dealer option (retractable top motor installed in trunk) with brand new German custom black canvas top and headliner. Chassis resembles that of a 1975 fuel injected beetle chassis with the later style floor pans and seat mounts and dual fuel lines.
INTERIOR: Alpine stereo receiver with 2-Polk audio 6x9's in rear and 2- Polk Audio 6.5's in front doors. The brake warning light is now an LED integrated into the gas gauge, rocker style switches, windshield washer is an electric pump unit. Factory electronic immobilizer system (theft control).
DRIVETRAIN: Transmission uses the swing axle design of 1968 with wider brake shoes, 4 bolt drums and long spline axles. It also uses the Z Bar for suspension control. Dual circuit master cylinder is used with front disk brakes.
MISC: bug-tech billet aluminum racing shifter with 60% less throw, MST serpentine belt system, Bambus synthetic under dash tray, chrome and dark oak roof rack.

thank you
Robert
wand3rfr33@gmail.com

Wand3rfr33 is offline   Reply With Quote