Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2022, 10:17 PM   #1
Bus Geek

CW:GRAPHIC Setting a bad example

Headless torso in freezer, bloody power saw found in bus at New Orleans man’s home, court documents say
https://www.wlox.com/app/2022/01/12/...documents-say/

john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 11:03 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Anyone from this site???
Sounds like the perp, or person of interest, is a real winner.
Hopefully they'll be able to tie him to the murder...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 11:11 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE 40 FEET
Engine: Cummins 8.3
And he had a roof rack on his bus!
Old 01-13-2022, 05:08 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: VIN = 1T7HR3B2311090770
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: ~72
I tell ya...

...Nawlins...

It's FLA MAN West
TaliaDPerkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:18 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: AmTran (Now Navistar)
Engine: DT444E (7.3L) International
Rated Cap: 31,800 pounds
Definitely a bad example. BY GOVERNMENT AGENTS

I can't believe cops can arrest you for such BS charges after they "executed a search warrant to seek clues to Dardar’s disappearance". The requirement for a warrant is PROBABLE CAUSE OF A CRIME not "we want to look for clues". If they were looking for clues..... the warrant is invalid and this guy will walk even if he did do it.

It's probably just crappy "journalism" (which has become the norm) but the way they wrote that he was arrested after refusing to answer questions was almost as ridiculous as the charges. OF COURSE you don't answer questions....YOU SHOULD NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE
The charges sound ridiculous (in a murder investigation) but were probably levied in order to hold him while they investigate the death.
We've done so much, for so long, with so little, we now do the impossible, overnight, with nothing. US Marines -- 6531, 3521. . . .Ret ASE brakes & elect. Ret (auto and aviation mech). Extra Class HAM, NAUI/PADI OpenWater diver
HamSkoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 06:55 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Engine: 3126b 210hp
Rated Cap: 48
Definitely poor reporting. The article I read has a different bus pictured. [emoji1743]

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1225.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	63352
Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 07:27 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
Definitely poor reporting. The article I read has a different bus pictured. [emoji1743]

Attachment 63352
Such is the state of "journalism" today.

My favorite quote about the internet:
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln.
We've done so much, for so long, with so little, we now do the impossible, overnight, with nothing. US Marines -- 6531, 3521. . . .Ret ASE brakes & elect. Ret (auto and aviation mech). Extra Class HAM, NAUI/PADI OpenWater diver
Old 01-15-2022, 07:41 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamSkoolie View Post
Such is the state of "journalism" today.

My favorite quote about the internet:
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln.
Old 01-15-2022, 07:42 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Whre did my meme of...

fixed it, NM...
Old 01-18-2022, 05:35 PM   #10
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
If the police are executing a search warrant and find evidence of other crimes in the process, pursuing charges for said crimes is most certainly within their legal purvue, like it or not. Especially when you're operating a drug lab.

And since they did, in fact, find the headless body of a woman stuffed in a fridge, I'd say it's reasonable to conclude the warrant was based on solid evidence, and not just some random fishing expedition.

That POS isn't walking. He either killed that woman (99.9%), or is protecting the person who did.

Also, the video shows both buses... the eye of horus is on the left of the house, the true-blue-murder-mobile is on the right.

Our Build: Mr. Beefy
TheHubbardBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 05:46 PM   #11
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: El Dorado Fiberglass
Chassis: Ford E450
Engine: V10 Gas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathead View Post

Attachment 63352
Same house, different angle. I watched the video, there are two buses on the property.

But you know what they say: 99% of all skoolie owners make the other 1% look bad.
Rucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:26 PM   #12
Bus Crazy

FYI, Beale was charged with murder last week. The victim (a mother of 2) was beaten & strangled sometime before being cut up with a power saw. Article says he's a "Burner" and 'abstract artist' known in the community as Kelley Kirkpatrick.

https://www.wkrg.com/news/the-arrest...e-know-so-far/

Below link has a couple images he posted on social media recently which are... interesting:

https://www.wlox.com/2022/01/13/chil...less-torso-it/

Old 01-19-2022, 05:58 PM   #13
Bus Geek

What would "burner" mean in this context?

thinking meth lab more than the festival...
Old 01-19-2022, 06:05 PM   #14
Bus Nut

Burner = ...

I believe a frequenter of the Burning Man spectacle ...
Old 01-19-2022, 06:06 PM   #15
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHubbardBus View Post
If the police are executing a search warrant and find evidence of other crimes in the process, pursuing charges for said crimes is most certainly within their legal purview, like it or not. Especially when you're operating a drug lab.
And since they did, in fact, find the headless body of a woman stuffed in a fridge, I'd say it's reasonable to conclude the warrant was based on solid evidence, and not just some random fishing expedition.
That POS isn't walking. He either killed that woman (99.9%), or is protecting the person who did. Also, the video shows both buses... the eye of horus is on the left of the house, the true-blue-murder-mobile is on the right.
Warrants must be based on an affidavit that shows a neutral magistrate that there is PROBABLE CAUSE to believe evidence of a SPECIFIC crime is located in the area to be searched.
If the neutral magistrate finds that the affidavit supports PROBABLE CAUSE it must then describe the place to be searched and the item or items being searched for.
The warrant DOES NOT then allow ANYTHING found to be used in prosecution of a crime.

The warrant does not allow searching everywhere within the place either. For instance, in searching for a stolen welder, looking inside a jewelry box or the kitchen drawers isn't allowed and anything incriminating found in the jewelry box or kitchen drawer would be excluded.
Items not covered by the warrant but found while legitimately carrying out the warrant can not be used as evidence unless a new warrant is then procured for that item.

Let's just hope the "journalist" is clueless and the police dotted the I's and crossed the T's in their "search for clues".

That's just the way the system works. It's not at all like any of the police, CSI, or Court TV shows and movies out there. In fact, I cringe when watching such things as, while they are entertaining, they are only slightly indicative of how the system truly operates.

Bottom line, we'll never know because "journalism" today is about pushing out illiterate but sensational headlines with some 3rd grade sentences below.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:00 PM   #16
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamSkoolie View Post
Items not covered by the warrant but found while legitimately carrying out the warrant can not be used as evidence unless a new warrant is then procured for that item.
That's not accurate. See the plain view doctrine. If the police show up with a warrant to search your living room for a stolen welder, and have to step over your dead hitch-hiker collection to get inside, you're going to prison.

I can only assume that the criminal mastermind in this story hid his meth lab about as well as he hid his decapitated victim.

I think we'd likely see eye-to-eye on the subject of search & seizure in general. But in this case, I don't see the guy being smart enough to necessitate the police bending any rules were they so inclined. And to be honest, even if they had - in this case - I'd have a hard time caring much.

Old 01-19-2022, 08:32 PM   #17
Bus Crazy

Quote:
That's not accurate. See the plain view doctrine. If the police show up with a warrant to search your living room for a stolen welder, and have to step over your dead hitch-hiker collection to get inside, you're going to prison.

I can only assume that the criminal mastermind in this story hid his meth lab about as well as he hid his decapitated victim.

I think we'd likely see eye-to-eye on the subject of search & seizure in general. But in this case, I don't see the guy being smart enough to necessitate the police bending any rules were they so inclined. And to be honest, even if they had - in this case - I'd have a hard time caring much.

Close but no cigar.
Yes, you're going to go to prison. But the cops are going to secure a search warrant for anything related to the potential murder victims....which were "in plain sight" and are thus subject to seizure. But the cops then need to obtain a search warrant for evidence of murder using the plain sight bodies as the PC.
As for your not caring in this case, you should care in EVERY case because the legitimacy of the system (as little as it now has) is dependent upon following the rules in EVERY case, like it or not.
Old 01-19-2022, 09:28 PM   #18
Bus Crazy

Point taken. And I do care about the legitimacy of the system. It's just not my primary focus in this case. Again... I don't see the police having to bend any rules to catch this guy. I don't believe "search for clues" was an accurate representation of their actions.

Old 01-19-2022, 10:50 PM   #19
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Point taken. And I do care about the legitimacy of the system. It's just not my primary focus in this case. Again... I don't see the police having to bend any rules to catch this guy. I don't believe "search for clues" was an accurate representation of their actions.
And that's why I said it's probably just crappy journalism.

I want the bad guys to go away for an appropriate amount of time for the crime they commit, provided that the crime actually has a victim and that th cops follow ALL the rules and don't violate civil rights.
My father was a career cop, many of my uncles and cousins were as well. I chose the military myself.

However, times have changed. I no longer blindly support law enforcement. I want them all to go home at the end of their shift but I equally want all of the citizens they encounter to do so as well.....unless they are truly evil and caught while the state followed all the rules. Requiring the rules to be followed is the only thing keeping us slightly insulated from a total police state.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:32 AM   #20
Bus Geek

Sorry but IMO most jurisdictions all that is just pie in the sky idealistic fantasy

if it ever existed at all, that horse got out of the barn long ago