Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2022, 01:56 PM   #81
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMargeInBaja View Post
a)
Re-charging for a week...
And if you run low near contagious rioters?
In the midst of tornado warnings?
A towable petroleum-based genset might be an appropriate fall-back.
b)
I think we can all agree the major problem is producing infinite numbers of humans on a finite planet.
A secondary problem -- many of those new humans are taught to mimic instead of encouraged to innovate.

a)

a gasoline generator in the bed?

b)

we love to enjoy medical advances.. however is it messing with the natural progression of a species? ie when people died at age 40 on average vs 78 has it caused overpopulation?

as for the previous post.. I have zero interest in sitting around a fire freezing to death in the dark... alas why I keep one in the chamber at all times.... one shot and done... dreamland forever

Old 03-27-2022, 02:07 PM   #82
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Our hot little grubbies...
Chassis: Ford CF8000 ExpeditionVehicle
Engine: Cummins 505ci mechanical
Rated Cap: Five Heelers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbacks2k4 View Post
...our governor is more concerned about maintaining the state budget surplus to run for federal office than to worry about her residents... But I digress into a different soapbox)
a)
In Oregon, unelected governess kate 'moonbeam' brown is terribly worried about "...trash in forests..."... so, by her mighty dictator hand wielding her freshly-sharpened pencil, she dictated the closure of the forests.
Scribble, scribble, a brand new 'law'!
b)
Budget surplus.
That sounds as though the government agents (aka 'tax-burners') are taking too much taxes from tax-payers.
Once upon time, did normal folk discourage that sort of behavior?
I wish I operated a vehicle with unlimited fuel, the way electric vehicles are promised.
Unfortunately, our species seem easily distracted by foreigners fussing about, and people famous for being famous... and our latest 'discovery' of the castle in our aquarium.
Old 03-27-2022, 05:02 PM   #83
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: AmTran (Now Navistar)
Engine: DT444E (7.3L) International
Rated Cap: 31,800 pounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
But telling me I can’t cook on gas, enjoy a fire in the fireplace, and to put in a sweater instead of turning up my thermostat .. no I won’t go for that and I’ll fight against it
EXACTLY
And why I have have small guns, medium guns, and big guns, all with sufficient ammo that "ammo shortages" don't bother me. I stopped counting at 17,000 rounds.
I'm not against solar and such, we're investing thousands in solar for the bus. It's the "legislated" moon beam green stuff being forced upon an unwilling population that I have a problem with. Especially when the TRUTH isn't what's being peddled.
We've done so much, for so long, with so little, we now do the impossible, overnight, with nothing. US Marines -- 6531, 3521. . . .Ret ASE brakes & elect. Ret (auto and aviation mech). Extra Class HAM, NAUI/PADI OpenWater diver
Old 03-27-2022, 05:03 PM   #84
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
a)
a gasoline generator in the bed?

b)
...medical advances...is it messing with the natural progression of a species? ie when people died at age 40 on average vs 78 has it caused overpopulation?...
...I have no interest in sitting around the campfire...
1)
A generator in bed?
That sounds 'frisky'!
2)
Dead at forty?
Let's look at the opposite polarity... our near-elimination of infant mortality:
* prematures requiring months of 24/7/360° intensive care,
* childhood inoculations eliminating natural immunity and acquired immunity,
and the kicker:
* transitioning from outside working with the old folks -- learning by observation and osmosis and legends about their old folks -- to 60hrz televisionprogramming (by happenchance, the ideal freq to tranquilize suseptable brains and stifle individualistic thought).
By giving our most cherished possessions -- our children -- to the government agents at the government schools for much of their daylight hours, how much are we reducing their ability to cooperatively compete with innovations, as Doctor Timothy Leary espoused a half-century ago, in life extension, intelligence increase, space migration... SMIILE.
Again, the limits of a finite planet stupify us into paralysis, that "Why bother trying if we are just going to run out of [air, water, food, freedom, medical, electricity]?".
3)
Campfires are for sharing stories, the myths and legends of the Tribe!, bonding our ancestors to our youngsters, so they can carry forward our institutions and the gifts of those sacrifices.
All for one purpose -- so we, today, can exist for our shining moment... and experience the joy of watching the youngsters learn and grow.
I think our greatest achievements are our old folk.
I think our worst catastrophes are the loss of their skills and experience.
Calculating the worth of a species based solely on longevity, a cold number with no values attached?
I think that cheapens the cumulative contributions of each individual, the cascading accomplishments we, in 2022, use as our foundation.
Old 03-27-2022, 05:22 PM   #85
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpluggedone View Post
Our planet is finite.
Yes, but so is the time our species have left. 98% of all species that have inhabited the earth are gone. We're not long for this planet and even if we do continue.... in 4.5 billion years this planet goes buh bye as our sun becomes a red giant.

Quote:
Today, our planet is operating off hundreds of millions of years of accumulated plant- and animal-based carbon.
That might be, if the theory of fossil fuels is true. However some very smart people have done a bunch of math and it seems that with all the oil that's been pulled from the earth and consumed....that there couldn't have been that much ancient life to produce it. OOOpS.
There's a new theory out there, "abiotic oil" and it goes something like this.... oil and its associated products are produced under the extreme heat and pressure deep within the earth from non organic elements.

Quote:
On our current path, this stored energy will be fully exhausted in only a few generations .......
Ahhh "we're running out".... except that's been said since the earliest days of large scale oil production. In 1909 the claim was we would be out in 20 years and yet here we are 113 years later with more known and proven oil reserves that at any point in history even though we've been sucking out billions of barrels. Hmmmmmm ever hear the story of chicken little? How about the boy who cried wolf?

Quote:
.... in the process, carbonize our atmosphere to such a degree that life as we know it will not be possible.
There is ZERO evidence that higher CO2 levels are bad and much evidence that they are better for life. Higher CO2 levels do indeed increase teh earths temp (so long as all other greenhouse gases remain at or above current levels). Increased temperatures will hopefully melt the polar caps leading to the large cities of the world (source of all the ecological religion of the day) to flood driving those back to rural lives and some semblance of sanity.
Then again, higher CO2 and warmer temperatures means much higher agricultural production, massive increases in plant growth (plants consume CO2 right??? hmmm) and more.
2.5 million years ago, with ZERO industry, CO2 levels were significantly higher than they are now.
While man may produce some "greenhouse gasses", nature produces 95% of all greenhouse gasses.
Mans complete elimination of his production would have negligible effect on the environment while costing trillions of dollars and millions of lives
Want to know what's really going on? Look at the banking records of Al Gore and the like.
We've done so much, for so long, with so little, we now do the impossible, overnight, with nothing. US Marines -- 6531, 3521. . . .Ret ASE brakes & elect. Ret (auto and aviation mech). Extra Class HAM, NAUI/PADI OpenWater diver
Old 03-27-2022, 09:10 PM   #86
Bus Nut

I wrote:
* "If Roy Rogers and Gene Autry gallop to our rescue..."
but my favorite thing in the whole wide world -- auto-correct -- changed it to:
"If Roy Rogers and Gene Angry..."
without my permission and against my better judgement.
I humbly apologize for the substandard proof-reading.
I am a Perfesserioneral Edtior (you that read right), and should know better.
Old 03-28-2022, 07:43 AM   #87
Bus Geek

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
Quote hamskoolie.

Increased temperatures will hopefully melt the polar caps leading to the large cities of the world (source of all the ecological religion of the day) to flood driving those back to rural lives and some semblance of sanity.

Hamskoolie.. you are a dangerous man. ...
I am happy that you are a nobody and not someone with power as a Putin.

Johan
Old 03-28-2022, 06:13 PM   #88
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
Hamskoolie.. you are a dangerous man. ...
I am happy that you are a nobody and not someone with power as a Putin.
Johan
That I am and government trained in a number of scary disciplines as well.
Not the level of Putin but I've held political office. I tired of the bureaucracy that promotes idiocy and left for the much more capable of action private sector.
Now I'm simply preparing, waiting and ready.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:23 PM   #89
Site Team

Weapons, Politics, self-harm and more. Thread closed folks.

Tags
electrek, electric bus, scooter doll