Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Re: 10 minute insurance-under $500.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomas_maly
. . . . I'd like to officially move to upstate NY, where they do cover, but don't have an address for the insurance), so I don't know what to do for insurance.
Check out renting a Private Mail Box at a UPS store. You can use that address for NY vehicle registrations. "Ask me how I know . . . "
You would have to advise the insurer the municipality where the vehicle will be "garaged" for rating purposes if different. Insurance for vehicles located in the Catskills or Adirondacks is cheaper than for the Bronx due to less likelihood of claims, believe it or not . . .

Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #22
Skoolie

Year: 1989
Chassis: Ward
Engine: 6.6L Brazilian Ford
Rated Cap: 1
Re: 10 minute insurance-under $500.00

South Dakota is one of the friendliest RV live aboard states there is. No state tax either. Insurance is dirt cheap; what are you gonna run into . . .a jack rabbit??!!??!?

gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomas_maly
. . . . I'd like to officially move to upstate NY, where they do cover, but don't have an address for the insurance), so I don't know what to do for insurance.
Check out renting a Private Mail Box at a UPS store. You can use that address for NY vehicle registrations. "Ask me how I know . . . "
You would have to advise the insurer the municipality where the vehicle will be "garaged" for rating purposes if different. Insurance for vehicles located in the Catskills or Adirondacks is cheaper than for the Bronx due to less likelihood of claims, believe it or not . . .

gus
gusbus is offline   Reply With Quote