Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2021, 06:07 AM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2013
Coachwork: Ford
Engine: Gas v10
Rated Cap: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo1 View Post
Lot's of good ideas and suggestions offered and I will offer one more too.

I think the best bang for your buck would be to contact Fleet Services at the contact info listed on that letter you posted. Simply put ask him what local tag agency they might use / prefer and have the title issued in Mn. versus any other state.

If the local authority is co-operating with you and is also requesting that the local tag /registration authority to honor that letter then it would provide a much more solid foundation as far as authenticating the lawful sale of the bus by the Metropolitan Council.

Have them either originate an original title or at least verify the sale in a more official manner.
Their state law does not require them to go get a title but the real question here is, are they prohibited from state law in applying for a title?

If they are not prohibited by law then there really is no reason why they can't do it, other than who pays the cost for it.

Go back to the source and see if they will help out!

You didn't mention if you tried this yet but I feel this would be the best course of action for you.

Yeah, I tried calling that number. multiple times. left a couple voice mails, no answer. Looks him up on linkedin, sent a connection and he just views my profile nothing more.

So, I got it registered yesterday!! I went to a different DMV and the person behind the counter was a little unsure, so she went over to another lady there, who apparently has been working there for 27 years, and she was able to get us squared away and I was in and out in under 30 minutes.

I told them that they have to title it as a bus first, then do the conversion to a motorhome. And that's what they did. I got a little nervous because they asked about the weight going up since I'm converting it, but then she just added 500lbs cause I'm really not putting much in there.

Bottom line, thank you guys. Going to a different DMV is sometimes the best answer.

Reganade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 04:46 PM   #22
Skoolie

Is the person you bought the vehicle from a Georgia licensed motor vehicle dealer?

If YES you would git a proper bill of sale and all proper paperwork to register the vehicle in your state of residency.

If NO then you bought the vehicle from an illegal "Curbstone" vehicle flipper who gave you the paperwork he received and threw away any paperwork with any reference to him/her the seller.

The fact that you state he sells em quick because some government agency is on his a$$ tells us the seller is most likely NOT a licensed dealer and is ILLEGALLY CURBSTONING vehicles on the side.

Personally "I" would take the vehicle back to the seller and tell him you want a proper title in the sellers name OR you want your money back!

If seller says NO call the Georgia Motor Vehicle Commission or whatever they call it in Georgia and file a complaint against the seller for "Curbstoning". They will be on him like Stink On Schidt.

If the seller wants to play CAR DEALER they need to git legal and be LICENSED MOTOR VEHICLE DEALER!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:38 PM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Our hot little grubbies...
Chassis: Ford CF8000 ExpeditionVehicle
Engine: Cummins 505ci mechanical
Rated Cap: Five Heelers
a)
This time:
We workkamp a small organic teaching farm near the outskirts of Eugene, Oregon.
Outside downtown, most folks know most folks, so we get business accomplished using a 'direct' route.
In a situation similar to yours, somebody knows somebody with a tow company or storage company.
A lien sale happens.
Would this work for you?
b)
Next time:
I try really hard to not complicate stuff by acquiring from non-flakes, instead of drama-queens with sob-stories about 'the bureaucrats giving them a ration so they need to do it quick'.
Would this work for you?
LargeMargeInBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 09:10 AM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2013
Coachwork: Ford
Engine: Gas v10
Rated Cap: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
Is the person you bought the vehicle from a Georgia licensed motor vehicle dealer?

If YES you would git a proper bill of sale and all proper paperwork to register the vehicle in your state of residency.

If NO then you bought the vehicle from an illegal "Curbstone" vehicle flipper who gave you the paperwork he received and threw away any paperwork with any reference to him/her the seller.

The fact that you state he sells em quick because some government agency is on his a$$ tells us the seller is most likely NOT a licensed dealer and is ILLEGALLY CURBSTONING vehicles on the side.

Personally "I" would take the vehicle back to the seller and tell him you want a proper title in the sellers name OR you want your money back!

If seller says NO call the Georgia Motor Vehicle Commission or whatever they call it in Georgia and file a complaint against the seller for "Curbstoning". They will be on him like Stink On Schidt.

If the seller wants to play CAR DEALER they need to git legal and be LICENSED MOTOR VEHICLE DEALER!

no he was licensed, and he did give me all the paperwork I needed. This was really just a case where the first DMV person I went to didn't really know what they were doing.

Also, he is selling them fast because the county found out that his property had hundreds of buses from google maps... and it wasn't zoned for storage (it was a mile done a dirt road, just the county throwing a hissy fit). So that's why he's selling, he recently bought some commercial property that is zoned for what he wants.
Reganade is offline   Reply With Quote