Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2022, 09:58 AM   #81
Mini-Skoolie

I have a dumb question. RV plate and regular plate is the same one?? Can I get a regular plate and after change the tittle?

UfoCatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 03:31 PM   #82
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by UfoCatcher View Post
I have a dumb question. RV plate and regular plate is the same one?? Can I get a regular plate and after change the tittle?
Florida does not have a custom RV/MH plate.
If your plate does not say RESTRICTED, I can only guess that yes you can still use it on the bus... but I am just guessing on this.

In answering I was assuming you already had a plate...sorry.
Once you do the title work they should issue a regular plate...but get ready, first time issue of regular plates is pricey. If you have an old plate I would first try to transfer that plate to the bus.
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 10:26 AM   #83
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Going to get title registered in Vermont

So anyone can register an auto/bus in Vermont. Do not have to live there.
https://dmv.vermont.gov/faq/do-i-hav...cle-in-vermont

Kind of crazy, but tired of run around.
beachgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 10:56 AM   #84

I followed the instructions

I recently had my 2010 Ford e-450 city transit bus retitled as a motorhome at the dmv. All I did was:
print the tl-13 instructions, highlighted the sections pertaining to a self conversion, typed up an exact replica of the template affidavit (i maked a 110-volt added) provided in the tl-13, and then went to the dmv in a small town in Central Florida (Chiefland.)

The clerk didn't understand the process and wasn't sure. She called over her manager. The manager looked over the tl-13 and said all we needed was the affidavit to make the title change to motorhome.

A title change cost around $73. I don't recall the exact.

The fun part is finding insurance, still. The last couple of places said they could only insure my conversion as incomplete as I only have the 110-volt which only gets us liability insurance.

Has anyone else had better luck with insurance?!

Side note, state farm will insure but they won't insure me due to my record. I need someone else.

P.S. we aren't doing a full conversion as I have 9 kids and I need the seat space. We're doing as little as possible to attempt to get the insurance as cheap as possible.
NoBaDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 05:43 PM   #85
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBaDe View Post
I recently had my 2010 Ford e-450 city transit bus retitled as a motorhome at the dmv. All I did was:
print the tl-13 instructions, highlighted the sections pertaining to a self conversion, typed up an exact replica of the template affidavit (i maked a 110-volt added) provided in the tl-13, and then went to the dmv in a small town in Central Florida (Chiefland.)

The clerk didn't understand the process and wasn't sure. She called over her manager. The manager looked over the tl-13 and said all we needed was the affidavit to make the title change to motorhome.

A title change cost around $73. I don't recall the exact.

The fun part is finding insurance, still. The last couple of places said they could only insure my conversion as incomplete as I only have the 110-volt which only gets us liability insurance.

Has anyone else had better luck with insurance?!

Side note, state farm will insure but they won't insure me due to my record. I need someone else.

P.S. we aren't doing a full conversion as I have 9 kids and I need the seat space. We're doing as little as possible to attempt to get the insurance as cheap as possible.
I went thru Progressive, quite easy but expensive!
Well expensive for me because the South Florida Insurance market is way over priced!
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote