Getting into the fun part of insurance -
- Family of 6
- Conversion well underway
- On schedule for full-time residence in our skoolie beginning next summer
- Current domicile in KY
- We will be maintaining our primary social/professional ties in KY while on the road and still plan to spend 2-3 months/yr in the state, so setting up a domicile elsewhere is non-starter
- Unless we fall in love with another part of the country, we plan to return to KY full-time after a few years on the road
- Need at least liability insurance, but am trying to get some personal property coverage as well to cover us against theft, etc
Nat General is willing to insure (even with a roof raise), BUT their policy explicitly prohibits full-timing
. I pressed the agent to clearly define the distinction between full-time and part-time.
"You are not full-time if you have a permanent physical address."
When I pressed him on any explicit requirements of days residing at that address, he repeated (twice, because I asked him to), "if you have a physical address, we would consider you part time."
- Any guidance on the cheapest way to maintain a physical address:
- Considered 'living' with relatives/friends, but want to understand implications for them (especially if we get a personal property insurance policy at their address)
- Other options to consider?
- Anyone aware of other options for getting full-time RV/skoolie insurance (yes, beating a dead horse as NG seems to be the only game in town at this point, but have to ask)