Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #81
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleO7 View Post
If you truely believe "they" are out to harass you until you sell out, why you gonna gamble your $$ ???
Deeper pockets will win.
I dont' quite follow. So far things are looking positive. I don't HAVE to put up fence, but we've wanted one anyhow so may as well do this thing right.

EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:41 AM   #82
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: AmTran International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: Navistar 7.6L
I would get the long term remedy in writing and have code enforcement as well as the council president sign off on the agreed remedy.
Otherwise after spending your $$ on what they say will be Ok, they will comeback with more remedies requiring more dollars.
Earlier you said they were out to get your property.
If they are, they will still be coming after you and forcing you to spend more $$. Over and over till your broke.
It all ready started with the not enough trees thing. Next your house will be the wrong color etc.
DoubleO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:02 AM   #83
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: TE 444
Rated Cap: 12
Do not understand the "not enough trees" bit
Kubla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:05 AM   #84
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: AmTran International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: Navistar 7.6L
See post #61
DoubleO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:27 AM   #85
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubla View Post
Do not understand the "not enough trees" bit
We're apparently a "tree city". They sent me the ordinance. For every x amount of square feet of yard you have to have x amount of trees. And they can't all be the same kind of tree. Palms only can count for 1/4 of the count.
LAME.
They're going to give me a written statement once I provide proof of RV registration.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:47 AM   #86
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
I could probably spot you a few trees.

At first it was the bus. Then you needed a shed. Now you don't have enough trees.

You might want to get a comprehensive list of everything the code guy sees wrong so they can't randomly keep making things up.

They make the rules and decide when to enforce them. I've seen this happen to people here in my own area when I was living in town. It's not really a situation you can win, and it doesn't end.

If you really want to stir things up, apply for a counsel position when it's time.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:52 AM   #87
Bus Geek

You have to be a relative or business associate of Mayor Holland to get on the commission.
They all get six figure salaries, meanwhile we don't even have an animal control officer, or any animal control services even available.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:05 AM   #88
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
interesting on trees... with hurricanes and lots of lightning in FL, id think theyd want LESS trees.. when they blow down in the streets the city ends up cleaning the mess up...
-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:08 AM   #89
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
There is no accountability for that level of government. I'm sure there are other people that feel the same way you do about the counsel who would vote for you the same way people voted for Trump over Hillary. You just applying for a position on the council should get their attention, and who knows? Flukes happen.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:09 PM   #90
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughridge85 View Post
You know when you build it you have to build the biggest, ugliest building that meets all the cities ordinances right? Or, maybe a giant mural on all sides of a photo realistic school bus would do?
That's what I said about the fence he we going to put up.... Paint a huge school bus on it LOL

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2017, 09:16 PM   #91
Bus Nut

cb.... What exactly did the affidavit say? Who supposedly wrote it out to you? Do you have a copy of it to post?

Old 05-06-2017, 09:33 PM   #92
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 20 person
well that is progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
So BIG news.
I took a ten min moped cruise to the tag office, handed them a handwritten "affadavit" on a small sheet of notebook paper. I don't even think I signed it.
They took it to the back office... about twenty minutes later they emerge with my new MH title. The REAL title will be here in 7-10 business days. FL is so easy when it comes to converting to "motorhome". They didn't even charge me anything. Not a dime! I was SHOCKED!!!!!!!
The code guy gave me an extension till the 22nd. I'm gonna put up some fence, anyhow, since Dixie will enjoy the space to run around.
Fingers crossed- I may have this solved.
I'm gonna convert the title on RYO too, and get a huge building to park it in here in my yard.
I think i had to have mine notarized but it was still an easy process to get it converted to a MH title.
Youtube - bit.ly/TheBowserJournal
BowserJournal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:36 PM   #93
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeamiss View Post
cb.... What exactly did the affidavit say? Who supposedly wrote it out to you? Do you have a copy of it to post?

The RV affidavit?
I just scribbled it on notebook paper. It was like two short sentences.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:39 PM   #94
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowserJournal View Post
I think i had to have mine notarized but it was still an easy process to get it converted to a MH title.
They are pretty cool at my local office. There isn't anything in the codes about the affidavit having to be notarized. But maybe they just notarized it for me, idk.
I just stood there and tried to look confident and calm. I was worried there'd be some secret snag, but usually if I don't say much and just let them take their time I get what I want.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:48 AM   #95
Bus Geek

many of the city and DMV workers are pretty cool people.. its the Bosses that are often the 'Holes.. the rest are just like you and I , workin, living life, and such.. sometimes showing up late in the afternoon, esp on a friday.. the bosses are gone.. and the underlings just want to lock that door and walk to the bar next door.. so they'll pretty much just push things through....

-Christopher
Old 05-07-2017, 07:50 AM   #96
Bus Nut

I've learned over the years to stay silent and let the other person talk. Some people like to argue just for arguments sake, which means they want to win no matter whether they're right or wrong. Letting them go on and on makes them happy and thus a more agreeable person.... usually resulting in them calming down and seeing things in a different light. If we stay calm and pleasant and friendly we can usually turn things around in our favor. Just let them think they're winning

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2019, 07:34 AM   #97
Bus Geek

So its been a little while since the city has hassled me much. A cop bought the house next door and now its starting again. A few weeks ago I caught a cop (not the one next door) snooping around my yard at night with a flashlight. My dog was going crazy barking and I knew someone was out there. When I confronted him he stammered a bit and had no good explanation why he was there. He took off pretty quick. I think he was scoping me out for his buddy that bought the house next door.
A few nights later the dog was going crazy again at around 2am. Roxy opened up the window a bit and told the dog to "shhhhhhhh". A female voice from next door replied back authoritatively "YOU Shhhhhhh!!!". Oh, fun. Its a female officer who bought the house so we're pretty sure it was her.
Yesterday I come home tired from mowing and theres the familiar business card with a note on it from code enforcement. I got a shipping container to use as a temporary garage while I re-roof mine. I need somewhere to keep my tools and mopeds. Apparently there's now an ordinance against non-permanent storage pods. All the construction sites have them but I can't, apparently.
I didn't have to pay for the container. My friend Adam has several and was letting me use it. Now I'm out $200 for the truck driver but don't get any use from it. What a bitch.
I'm selling this house and I truly hope someone HORRIBLE buys it. 10% discount if you can prove mental illness or have a past felony conviction lol.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:49 AM   #98
Bus Geek

some of these people have nothing better to do than bother people. and they are inconsistent at best.. in my neighborhood a house recerntly sold.. the new owner ordered a massive dumpster in so they could remove the junk and damage the previous rental tenants did that forced the owner to sell... I think the dumpster has been there 2 weeks now and another neighbor called the city on them.. and is tryingf to have them fined... so wait.. these people are cleaning up a house that was in poor shape.. and get the city called, yet i never saw a city notice up when there was broken furniture on the porch and un-mowed grass fior a year while it was in legal-limbo...

the new people, mowed the lawn, cleaned the porch, trimmed the trees, but put a big ole dumpster in the driveway so they could haul away and remodel..

oh but wait.. the two-prius owning family must not like the coal-rolling duramaxx tahoe the new guy drives.... ugh!!

how many 'RV's are you allowed to own? if we all just parked our busses at your house as long as they are RV titled? making it a total PITA for the neighbors to get to your house??

-Christopher
Old 01-04-2019, 07:51 AM   #99
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
Time to play some hardball CB. What a way to start a new year. Move up here, you'll get used to the snow and cold.

John
Old 01-04-2019, 09:22 AM   #100
Bus Geek

I got a call back from the city code guy I've dealt with before. He said its cool to use it while I re-roof my garage. He said someone complained and that there's a 30 day limit for portable on-site storage in residential areas in the city.
Gonna proceed with the roof job and if I have to I'll take all my stuff out to where I keep the buses. I've got indoor storage there.
Such a pita. I learned a lot owning this property. I'll not be buying inside city limits ever again.