Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2020, 11:38 AM   #41

Year: 2006
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX Pusher
Engine: Caterpillar C7
Rated Cap: 55
Contacted Kelly Yesterday. Within two hours she had me in contact with an agent in Maryland and a policy paid for over the phone. She is a truly wonderful person. I can only hope my conversion goes this smoothly.

eladsgarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 05:03 PM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

Engine: MBE926210
Rated Cap: 31
So it looks like Kelly Newsome will be able to help me out. I'm sad that she doesn't get commission if its not a Florida policy. I think she will certainly be getting a tip from me for her help if she finds me a policy.
Choc Lesnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 01:47 PM   #43
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American CS-FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9 24 valve
Thumbs up Kelly Still Does Insurance

Hi everyone!

I haven't even purchased a bus yet but have been doing a lot of preliminary research. I saw this hadn't had any new post in awhile and just wanted to let everyone know that Kelly is still doing insurance for skoolies! I reached out to her just to ask a few questions and she also sent me the attached form if you want to fill it out prior to reaching out to her. As a note, they will not insure any bus that has a rooftop deck or a wood burning stove.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf up dated skoolie form 0621.pdf (582.2 KB, 32 views)
LittleLapril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 08:50 PM   #44

Does that mean i can say things like “conversion”, “skoolie”, “school bus” without them hanging up on me or not replying? Or do i have to leave that out and say commercial vehicle?
lexrosaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 09:09 PM   #45
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: 44' Newell Coach
Engine: 8v92T Detroit
Rated Cap: 2 adults and two pigeons
Kelly knows it is a conversion so you would be safe. She could not help me out in AZ last year so I went with National General who I just renewed with last week.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:58 AM   #46
Almost There

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32' Two peeps and a Dog!
Give Kelly Newsome a call!

Kelly Newsome is still writing policies. I just got mine.
Old 09-06-2022, 03:57 PM   #47
Mini-Skoolie

Hi guys. I have some bad news. I called Kelly after hearing such positive things about her and she was really nice about everything, sent me a form, and I filled it out and sent it back. She forwarded it to someone from my state whom she works with at Allstate, and he processed it through underwriting as usual.

Now for the bad news. Underwriting decided to red line me for living in a trailer park, and decided not to approve my application. I'm planning to get the news involved so they can investigate this situation further, as they're highly discriminatory. If anyone else has had a similar experience, please contact me and I'll get you in touch with a reporter who will run the story.

If anyone has gone to the media about this, let me know who you talked to so I can see if they'll look into them again.
ManWithNoBrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 01:25 PM   #48

Hi everyone! So I reached out to Kelly and she got back pretty quick. One of my questions is how do people who have roof decks and wood burning chimneys get coverage or is this something they risk? I am mostly curious because we are starting to design our build and would've loved to have both of those things.
marrerotamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 01:47 PM   #49
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrerotamara View Post
Hi everyone! So I reached out to Kelly and she got back pretty quick. One of my questions is how do people who have roof decks and wood burning chimneys get coverage or is this something they risk? I am mostly curious because we are starting to design our build and would've loved to have both of those things.
Attached is a picture of the "Skoolie Info Sheet" Kelly sent me. It outlines what's not allowed. Also, Kelly sent me to Jeremiah in Texas to process my application, but he redlined me for where I lived. So, if you also live in a trailer park, even if you make six figures, you'll still get rejected. They do not like people who live in trailer parks. (AKA illegal)
Attached Thumbnails
skoolie-info-sheet.jpg  
ManWithNoBrows is offline   Reply With Quote