Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #1

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Eagle
Help 1984 Eagle Bus Conversion Insurance FL

I am having a 1984 already Converted Eagle 20 Bus being driven down to me and need to purchase insurance as soon as possible. Engine, Interior, & Exterior were all re done/rebuild 5 years ago. The bus was professionally converted with a generator, plumbing, bathroom, 110V, kitchen, refrigerators, and televisions. I will add pictures. I have been doing non-stop research to find who would insure this as an RV and have so far come up with National General who has given me a yearly quote of $966.00. This was for $100,000/$300,000 Bodily Injury $100,000 Property Damage. (No collision or comprehensive as the agent told me I wasn't eligible for the year it was made) This seemed kind of steep compared to what I've seen floating around these boards and elsewhere for School bus and RV conversions. My driving record and credit score are impeccable so I wouldn't think this would effect the rate.

I could use some advice on different insurance companies I could get quotes from that would be willing to insure this conversion and what type of information I should give to the agent when explaining the conversion. Should I just call it an Eagle 20 RV and not mention Bus conversion what so ever? If they ask me the worth or what I paid, what should I tell them to retrieve a lower rate? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am on a deadline to get this insurance activated before my CDL driver brings the bus down.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
outside.jpg   long-view-2.jpg   kitchen.jpg  

KyVang is offline   Reply With Quote