Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2019, 11:06 PM   #1181
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofrari View Post
I noticed you have a 2007: that means you're bus is less than 15-years old and would have had to mail in your title. Did you mail in the original or a copy? And did you have to do the VIN Verification? Mine is a2008, so I'm having to do things that most other people on this thread didn't have to worry about. The VIN Verification is a struggle because Connecticut doesn't use the NCIC database, so I have a totally different form. And the CT DMV won't sign the VT form because it specifically mentions NCIC.

As far as inspection: I'm in CT, so I'm only 4-hours away. So I could do the inspection. But I know I won't be ready to drive it to Vermont for a good 6-12 months since I am just getting started.
Where in Ct.? It's my home, Sandy Hook. Have family still there.

o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:11 AM   #1182
Bus Crazy

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
Marc,

I have re registered without an inspection. So inspection is not tied to registration.
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:29 AM   #1183
Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE200
Engine: T444e
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Where in Ct.? It's my home, Sandy Hook. Have family still there.
I'm up in Tolland - same exit as the UCONN main campus exit. I grew up in Waterbury, so not too far from Sandy Hook (although no place in CT is too far from a place in CT).

Cool to see someone else with a Connecticut connection!
cofrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:33 AM   #1184
Skoolie

Signature Confirmation?

Last question before I mail out my Vermont Registration application today: did you all just mail it first-class? Or did you do Signature Confirmation, or anything like that?
Old 09-27-2019, 11:24 AM   #1185
Bus Geek

Quote:
I'm up in Tolland - same exit as the UCONN main campus exit. I grew up in Waterbury, so not too far from Sandy Hook (although no place in CT is too far from a place in CT).

Cool to see someone else with a Connecticut connection!
I didn't think anywhere in Ct. was 4 hours from Vt. People ask me when they know I'm from Ct. "Do you know where ....... is? If you live in Ct. , it's so small you know where everwhere is after awhile. We used to skip school and drive north to Vt. or N.H. till lunch and then turn around to get back by the time school let out. I was just up there Labor Day.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:46 PM   #1186
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I didn't think anywhere in Ct. was 4 hours from Vt. People ask me when they know I'm from Ct. "Do you know where ....... is? If you live in Ct. , it's so small you know where everwhere is after awhile. We used to skip school and drive north to Vt. or N.H. till lunch and then turn around to get back by the time school let out. I was just up there Labor Day.
I guess we're only 90 minutes from Vermont. Anytime we have gone to Vermont it has been the Burlington area, which is about 4 hours away. So I always feel like Vermont is a 4-hour drive!
Old 09-27-2019, 06:12 PM   #1187
Bus Geek

When I was a kid growing up in NYC, we were all skiing buffs. My folks had an A-frame near Mad River, left in the station wagon direct from school every Friday, dropped us off there after getting us up at 3am Monday morning, all winter long.

No highways going that way, in fact many dirt roads.

Nice memories. . .
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:06 PM   #1188
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Last question before I mail out my Vermont Registration application today: did you all just mail it first-class? Or did you do Signature Confirmation, or anything like that?
I just mailed it regular mail. On the 0.00001% chance it gets lost you can just mail it in again.

Although: I have seen it written that VT processes all the motorhome applications at the end of each month, so it might be worth express mailing it tomorrow. No idea if that's true - mine took more than a month to come back (the first time) so I would guess not.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #1189
Almost There

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GM CV 6600 I think lol
Engine: 3126 A Caterpillar AT2400
Rated Cap: 54 ps
Thank you so much for sharing, I submitted my paper today!!🙌. I'll let you know how it went!!😁
lemmeskoolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:03 PM   #1190
Mini-Skoolie

Success

Mailed my paperwork and money off about three weeks ago. It arrived about two and a half weeks ago, and my plates arrived today.

I noticed the envelope said I must have a Vermont inspection sticker within 15 days. I'm assuming this doesn't apply for out of staters. Anyone have an issue with this?
Ol'DirtyHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:10 PM   #1191
Bus Crazy

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'DirtyHobo View Post
Mailed my paperwork and money off about three weeks ago. It arrived about two and a half weeks ago, and my plates arrived today.

I noticed the envelope said I must have a Vermont inspection sticker within 15 days. I'm assuming this doesn't apply for out of staters. Anyone have an issue with this?
No issue, have even been through Vermont and not stopped for it.
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:10 PM   #1192
Bus Geek

Read the thread.

No, only required if you take it to Vt
Old 10-01-2019, 07:36 PM   #1193
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
No issue, have even been through Vermont and not stopped for it.
Awesome. Thank you.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:43 PM   #1194
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
First a link to the actual instructions on the Vt DMV website:
https://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/fi...ructions_0.pdf

Putting my packet together for Vt registration --
VD-119 filled out. Weird how the .pdf form has duplicate copies...
Copy of the R.I. title filled out (bus is a 2002) This is clutch, cause the original title was lost...
BOS from dealer in MA filled out for $300 which matches amount on the title. I'm concerned what the fictitious NADA amt may be? I can't find any useful values anywhere. I'm going to include a note saying the bus was bought in inoperable (not running) condition and hope that suffices. $300 is actually $299 MORE than what I paid for the bus...
Can't get a clear answer about the "$6.00 Warranty" fee anywhere. Is the $6 for a 'new' as in brand new vehicle or 'new' as in new to me vehicle ? Thinking I'll include a separate check for $6 in addition to the check for registration/title and tax.
They can cash it or return it with the plates if not needed...

Thoughts?

Was almost gonna spring for Conservation plates as well but I'll stick to one thing at a time...
banman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:43 AM   #1195
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
When I was a kid growing up in NYC, we were all skiing buffs. My folks had an A-frame near Mad River, left in the station wagon direct from school every Friday, dropped us off there after getting us up at 3am Monday morning, all winter long.

No highways going that way, in fact many dirt roads.

Nice memories. . .

My boys (10 & 12) are super into skiing. One of the plans for the skoolie is to get season passes to a ski resort in Vermont or Mass. and be able to go up early Saturday morning and hopefully keep the bus in the parking lot overnight at the ski place and make a cheap ski-weekend out of it; going home on Sunday night.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:34 AM   #1196
Bus Geek

I bet you'd be able to get certainty about it from management before fofking over for season passes too.

But no one can promise weather. . .
Old 10-03-2019, 07:57 AM   #1197
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by banman View Post
First a link to the actual instructions on the Vt DMV website:
https://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/fi...ructions_0.pdf

Putting my packet together for Vt registration --
VD-119 filled out. Weird how the .pdf form has duplicate copies...
Copy of the R.I. title filled out (bus is a 2002) This is clutch, cause the original title was lost...
BOS from dealer in MA filled out for $300 which matches amount on the title. I'm concerned what the fictitious NADA amt may be? I can't find any useful values anywhere. I'm going to include a note saying the bus was bought in inoperable (not running) condition and hope that suffices. $300 is actually $299 MORE than what I paid for the bus...
Can't get a clear answer about the "$6.00 Warranty" fee anywhere. Is the $6 for a 'new' as in brand new vehicle or 'new' as in new to me vehicle ? Thinking I'll include a separate check for $6 in addition to the check for registration/title and tax.
They can cash it or return it with the plates if not needed...

Thoughts?

Was almost gonna spring for Conservation plates as well but I'll stick to one thing at a time...
And to bring the thread back to Vermont registration...

After reading the fine print again at the very bottom of the instruction packet I think it's clear the $6 warranty fee is ONLY for BRAND NEW titles -- which ain't me so off to the post office I go!
banman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:07 PM   #1198
Mini-Skoolie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by warewolff View Post
Ignore the typos ... posted this from my phone.
How did you go about getting insurance for new York with Vermont tags? I have my license out of Oregon and plan on keeping my Vermont tags. Do I need insurance for Oregon or Vermont?
Old 10-03-2019, 10:07 PM   #1199
Bus Geek

Usually best to legally "garage" your vehicle in the same state where you are legally domiciled, driver's licence, voting registration, jury duty, etc.

Thus that becomes your insurance jurisdiction.

This does not need to have anything to do with where you actually are most of the time, and your mail forwarding service can also be somewhere else.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:45 PM   #1200
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'DirtyHobo View Post
How did you go about getting insurance for new York with Vermont tags? I have my license out of Oregon and plan on keeping my Vermont tags. Do I need insurance for Oregon or Vermont?
I asked my agent in Ga. if they cared that it was registered elsewhere? As mentioned, they want it insured where it is housed, so I'm good.