Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-18-2020, 02:26 PM   #1321
Bus Nut
 
wrenchtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Posts: 323
Year: 2008
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner HDX
Engine: CAT C7 300hp w/retarder
Rated Cap: 46 + 1 36,200 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by banman View Post
I did not. I registered my bus ~4 months ago. My bus hadn't been registered since 2014 in R.I... And it came to me via a MA dealer with unrecorded time in Ohio...

Since none of the unregistered time was "Vermont time", Vt. never "lost" any funds in the deal...
Vermont has no jurisdiction or concern over other states lost revenue...

Remember -- "title jumping"; "back registration fees/fines";
These are government constructs only for the purpose of a government entity to collect more revenue...

I am gleefully happy Vt wisely chooses to accept money to circumvent all that bullsh!t... In fact, now that the dust has settled I'm going to splurge on Vt. vanity wildlife plates just to funnel them more money!

My sentiments pretty much exactly. I like the way you think Sir! It’s not the first time either, that I’ve found you making good sense on matters of government overreach. Dare I call it libertarian in character.
wrenchtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:35 PM   #1322
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Western PA (Outside of Pittsburgh)
Posts: 21
The waiting stinks, though. It sure takes them a while to turn this around. Going on 3 weeks, and they don't have record of even receiving my paperwork. Makes me nervous since I sent them my original title. I have a copy of it at home, but with no title, I feel like I'm in limbo.


Called Vermont today, and they asked whether my check cashed yet? I told them that it had not. The guy on the other end basically said that when you check cashes, that's the first sign that things are moving forward.


UGH... patience, I know...patience!!


Mike in Pittsburgh
Hengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #1323
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,343
upthread someone said they do the batch once a month?
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:48 PM   #1324
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 4
Filling out my paperwork now... finally! My phone won’t let me go through all the replies. Did anyone have trouble with registration if their body style was “BU”?
Scphoto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:17 PM   #1325
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scphoto85 View Post
Filling out my paperwork now... finally! My phone won’t let me go through all the replies. Did anyone have trouble with registration if their body style was “BU”?
Nevermind! Broke out the laptop & found my answer.
Scphoto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 12:46 PM   #1326
Bus Nut
 
banman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Ohio
Posts: 722
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengy View Post
The waiting stinks, though. It sure takes them a while to turn this around. Going on 3 weeks, and they don't have record of even receiving my paperwork. Makes me nervous since I sent them my original title. I have a copy of it at home, but with no title, I feel like I'm in limbo.


Called Vermont today, and they asked whether my check cashed yet? I told them that it had not. The guy on the other end basically said that when you check cashes, that's the first sign that things are moving forward.


UGH... patience, I know...patience!!


Mike in Pittsburgh
Is your bus so new that you were required to send the original title?
I believe anything over 15 years old Vt. specifically says to only send a copy.
__________________
David

The Murder Bus
banman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:37 PM   #1327
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Western PA (Outside of Pittsburgh)
Posts: 21
Yes.


My bus is a 2008. If it is newer than 15 years, you'll get a new title for the vehicle, but you have to send in your old title to them. SO... I have no title (other than my copy) and the bill of sale from the company I bought it from.



I'm sure that it will work out, but it's just nerve-wracking to wait!
Hengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 10:41 PM   #1328
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Savannah GA
Posts: 341
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9 24v
Rated Cap: 54 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengy View Post
Yes.


My bus is a 2008. If it is newer than 15 years, you'll get a new title for the vehicle, but you have to send in your old title to them. SO... I have no title (other than my copy) and the bill of sale from the company I bought it from.



I'm sure that it will work out, but it's just nerve-wracking to wait!
It was nerve-racking but so exciting when the check cleared! Only took a couple of days to get the plates after that. A few days later they sent the new registration and stickers.your four week wait is almost up.
JDSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:14 PM   #1329
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Western PA (Outside of Pittsburgh)
Posts: 21
Yay!! Just checked the bank this afternoon, and the CHECK CLEARED!!! Can’t wait for my plates!!
Hengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:42 PM   #1330
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Western PA (Outside of Pittsburgh)
Posts: 21
My plate is HERE!!!! Patience pays off!
Hengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM   #1331
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Savannah GA
Posts: 341
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9 24v
Rated Cap: 54 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengy View Post
My plate is HERE!!!! Patience pays off!
That waiting made it so much more exciting didn't it?
You're officially a fake Vermonter now.
JDSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×