Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2020, 01:38 PM   #1421

Year: 1997
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 25,200 lb - 47 cap
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFannie View Post
My title says "body type" is BS (I'm guessing that's for bus). What should I put on the VD119 under section 5 for body type? Should I put BS, bus, or other?

Also, not yet painted and we don't know what color we want it. Should we just list yellow and then do we change it when we paint? or should we decide on a color now and list that?

Do we need to fill out the section labeled "trucks" with # of axles, empty/full weight (would full weight be GVWR?), etc?

TIA
For body type I put TK as that is what they corrected the example to on the first page. I believe this stands for Truck?

For color we picked what we thought it would be, vehicles get painted all the time. Just dont put Yellow.

I filled out the truck section and my app came back with that portion crossed out and the boxes on my registration are empty. You can fill them out if you have info but I dont believe they use it.

yoop89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 04:56 PM   #1422

This is very helpful, thanks for sharing it
Jay-Ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:29 PM   #1423

Inspection if titled in VT but living in WV

Hi,

I understand that to register our bus in VT, they don't require an inspection or proof of conversion. However, once I receive the VT registration and plates, will I then have to have the bus inspected in WV? I assume no, but I want to make sure. Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I didn't see it in the thread.

Thanks,
amandar297
amandar297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:53 PM   #1424
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandar297 View Post
Hi,

I understand that to register our bus in VT, they don't require an inspection or proof of conversion. However, once I receive the VT registration and plates, will I then have to have the bus inspected in WV? I assume no, but I want to make sure. Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I didn't see it in the thread.

Thanks,
amandar297
No.
Only Vt LEO (law enforcement officers) have any concern OR jurisdiction over your complying with Vt's requirement of a Vermont Inspection.

In your future -- should you be driving through Vt, you will then be subject to said inspection.

If I'm ever near Vt. I'm gonna make a point of having it done -- might learn something about my bus!

The Murder Bus
banman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 06:05 PM   #1425

Quote:
Originally Posted by banman View Post
No.
Only Vt LEO (law enforcement officers) have any concern OR jurisdiction over your complying with Vt's requirement of a Vermont Inspection.

In your future -- should you be driving through Vt, you will then be subject to said inspection.

If I'm ever near Vt. I'm gonna make a point of having it done -- might learn something about my bus!
Awesome! Thanks so much for the info David
amandar297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:49 PM   #1426
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandar297 View Post
once I receive the VT registration and plates, will I then have to have the bus inspected in WV?
In theory no other state has anything to say about such matters with a foreign registered vehicle, unless they an imminent danger to public safety.

However, as soon as that foreign vehicle has become known to "reside" locally - for X # of days, varies by state of course - then you can be required to register it in that state.

Especially if you the owner are also a resident locally, rent a home, go to school there, have a job there etc.

Some states never enforce those regs, unless you get on the wrong side of a LEO.

Others are very diligent about doing so, to the point of using the AI / database mining / surveillance apparat we now know are routinely abusing our privacy, in order to enforce collection of fees and taxes.

So depending on that factor, VT rego may only be "guaranteed" to be helpful to true nomads who do not settle down in the latter types of states longer than that" X #" of days.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:58 PM   #1427
Mini-Skoolie

Engine: 7.6L Navistar DT466e Diesel
If you already paid tax, more than what VT charges, do you fill in their amount and then attach proof of tax paid or do you leave tax blank and attach proof that you paid more (with or without explanation?).
FrugalFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:24 AM   #1428
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFannie View Post
If you already paid tax, more than what VT charges, do you fill in their amount and then attach proof of tax paid or do you leave tax blank and attach proof that you paid more (with or without explanation?).
I got an answer as I called them and asked. In the box for tax they said to write "see attached" and attach proof (my receipt) that shows I paid sales tax. Sending this out today with just a $76 check!
Old 05-15-2020, 07:34 AM   #1429
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Especially if you the owner are also a resident locally, rent a home, go to school there, have a job there etc.

Hmmmm, what if you live overseas and just park the bus at family for use over the summer? Hmmmmm. Indiana is a fine state....until winter hits. No thank you!
Hiura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 07:48 AM   #1430
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiura View Post
Hmmmm, what if you live overseas and just park the bus at family for use over the summer? Hmmmmm. Indiana is a fine state....until winter hits. No thank you!
Yes, I'm pretty sure technically / legally in every state, just being present in the state for X days, even if parked without being used, requires transferring to local rego.

Of course in that scenario does not need to be registered at all?

But in practice, so long as it is out of sight from the road, and nosy neighbors don't dob you in - many neighborhoods don't allow such vehicles at all - you should be fine.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:22 PM   #1431
Skoolie

Engine: Cummins 8.3
What do y'all think? Should I send ours in now or wait until after the whole COVID 19 thing blows over?
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 01:29 PM   #1432
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
What do y'all think? Should I send ours in now or wait until after the whole COVID 19 thing blows over?
Virus's don't blow away...

What exactly are you waiting for -- either you need a registration or you don't.

Vt's open for business and can use your money...

The Murder Bus
banman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 01:46 PM   #1433
Bus Geek

You think it'll "blow over?"

Like HIV/AIDS did huh. . .
Old 05-15-2020, 02:15 PM   #1434

Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 25,200 lb - 47 cap
They seem to be working quickly as well. They turned mine around within 2 weeks! Probably just got there on the right day.

I had planned on just doing the conversion and jumping through Michigans hoops but who knows when MI SOS will open back up, let alone open for something like title changes.
yoop89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:24 PM   #1435

Skoolie bus

Hello i have problem to insurance my bus when send a vin number to the insurance say not accept how can help me to register my bus
Milordfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:45 PM   #1436
Mini-Skoolie

send it in. they are still working. ours was received there yesterday. Now the countdown begins!

Last week I actually called and spoke to someone to make sure I was filling out the paperwork correctly.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:53 PM   #1437

Insurance

Hello all I need help to how to register my bus to rv it’s not finish yet but I want to register thanks
Milordfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 10:40 PM   #1438
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milordfrank View Post
Hello i have problem to insurance my bus when send a vin number to the insurance say not accept how can help me to register my bus
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f18/h...ate-28907.html
Old 05-21-2020, 10:11 PM   #1439

How does one find the 'NADA' value of a bus?
Ace243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:40 AM   #1440
Bus Geek

Local library?