Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2016, 07:22 PM   #81
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Your in Texas Justin. You should not have a problem

Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:14 PM   #82
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
On average Anything I mail to or from my house via USPS has a failure rate of 25-30%.. I have zero confidence in mthat organization.

Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:33 AM   #83
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Chassis: IC CE
Engine: T444
so i figured out why i didnt get my plates. i didnt send my original title AND they charged me the title fee as well. so the total was $111, as its christmas, the delay will be 1-2 additional weeks. lets hope round 2 goes far better lol.
Azuleslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:16 PM   #84
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
So the amended instructions should read that the ORIGINAL title is needed if your vehicle is under 15yrs, with a vin verification. As anything under 15yrs receives an actual title, title fee applies. Sorry I failed all you newer bus owners on this one. I've never used this method to register a new vehicle -- my bus is a 2001. Hopefully we've got all the kinks out now.

And alleycat, I love those movies. They are so classic, even despite the major time paradoxes presented in the films.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:44 PM   #85
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
I hear ya..... willing suspension of disbelief comes in handy there. 1985 is the year I graduated high school so it kind of holds a special place with me because of that.
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:13 PM   #86
Bus Nut

I gotta figure out how I'm gonna get this VIN verification done..... I can't find an official TN form anywhere. Even on the title application there's not a separate space for verifying the VIN, though of course there is a space for entering it. And I'm not sure a TN LEO would sign the VT form. So it looks like I'm at a standstill until I get this figured out.... and with the holidays upon us, that won't be before the first of the year.... if it ain't one thing it's another.

Maybe I should just title/register in TN and be done with it....
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:48 PM   #87
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyCat67 View Post
I gotta figure out how I'm gonna get this VIN verification done..... I can't find an official TN form anywhere. Even on the title application there's not a separate space for verifying the VIN, though of course there is a space for entering it. And I'm not sure a TN LEO would sign the VT form. So it looks like I'm at a standstill until I get this figured out.... and with the holidays upon us, that won't be before the first of the year.... if it ain't one thing it's another.

Maybe I should just title/register in TN and be done with it....
Alleycat, the vin verification should be cake for you. Call your sheriffs office and ask to set up an appt for a vin verification. They use their own form. A TN form is fine as long as it's signed by the sheriff with your vin on it. Mail that in with your application. I did this with a NY vin verification with no issues.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:42 AM   #88
Bus Nut

But, will they come to me? That's another problem, I don't have any kind of tag on it anymore (my driveout tag is long expired) and the last thing I need is a ticket for driving an unregistered vehicle on a public road.

I'll check with them next week, thanks for the tip.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:19 PM   #89
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyCat67 View Post
But, will they come to me? That's another problem, I don't have any kind of tag on it anymore (my driveout tag is long expired) and the last thing I need is a ticket for driving an unregistered vehicle on a public road.

I'll check with them next week, thanks for the tip.
I'm guessing no.
warewolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:51 AM   #90
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
ecstatic!

I got my beeaauutiful Green Plates yesterday from VT!
With only days to spare until the new Year because my bus is a 2002.....
I mailed out form VD119 along with the Original Title and did everything exactly like you said in your original post Warewolf without the Vin Verification. I did this on 12/14 so then I wait....

2 weeks later (12/27) I received a letter stating that I forgot to add the $35 titling fee so, I immediately filled out a check and raced it off to the P.O.
waiting....

keeping up with the replies to this thread, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that Wajidsshadow needed the Vin Verification....uh oh....I didn't do that! Now I figure... I blew it.

not so! ....I received my awsome plates from VT yesterday....Original Title, NO Vin Verification and $246.00. Filled out everything as you said to do Warewolff.....

I am so excited. Now I wait for the new Title to come in the mail and at that point I'll either re-register it in my state of NY or keep it in VT....
next is insurance and then I can hit the road any time I please

Come on Alley your next!!
tobeamiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #91
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Chassis: IC CE
Engine: T444
new results! i have recieved my plates! well the person excepting mail for me has. according to him there is no indication that the vehicle is an rv like a little RV tag or anything. I suspect thats a normal thing. so i am super stoked to have plates for my skoolie dunno how long itll take for me to get my title back.
Azuleslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:38 AM   #92
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuleslight View Post
new results! i have recieved my plates! well the person excepting mail for me has. according to him there is no indication that the vehicle is an rv like a little RV tag or anything. I suspect thats a normal thing. so i am super stoked to have plates for my skoolie dunno how long itll take for me to get my title back.
The title or transferable registration always comes a few days later as they mail them separately. Congrats!

Just updated the original instructions. If anyone sees an error let me know so I can rectify it immediately.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:11 PM   #93
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by warewolff View Post
Titles: Buses newer than 15 years old, include ORIGINAL title + completed application + registration fee ($76 or $140) + title fee ($35) + 6% VT tax (or proof it's paid) + handwritten note detailing what you'd like to accomplish.
I followed your initial instructions to a "T" and everything worked out fine. I'm not so sure the 'handwritten note' detailing what you'd like to accomplish is going to do any good except to confuse the matter? I'd say just stay straight to the point by only filling out the form, in exactly the way you first described.

I'm hoping I can post this picture on how exactly I filled out my form (which I got back from them along with my new plates). The circles are their doing...and also, you'll see that they made a correction for me under #5 in the 'model' box....and where they corrected the math when I didn't include the title fee.

http://s474.photobucket.com/user/the...tml?sort=3&o=0
Old 01-12-2017, 04:27 PM   #94
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuleslight View Post
Congrats!!! We both became legal at the same time
Old 01-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #95

Year: 2008
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: E450
Engine: 6.8L V10
Rated Cap: 9500
Hi there:

I am just about to seal the envelope and ship my registration and title request off to the great state of Vermont (I am also in New York).

I was wondering if you could possibly get that image of your revised form to me for comparison purposes, as the image link seems to have been removed for violation of service at your image host?

I haven't written a handwritten explanation, and from reading your posts, I don't think you did either, and it wasn't required. is that the case? Also - what did you do about a bill of sale? Does Vermont even need one? There is a place on the Vermont form for the seller to sign, and of course, I don't have that ability. They did sign the back of the title, which I will be sending.

Thanks so much!
D
buckstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:10 PM   #96

Coachwork: Terra Transit - Turtle Top
Chassis: E350 Super Duty
Engine: V10
Re VT Reg

Thanks for all the great Info and feed back.
Just a couple questions.
If i had the time and gas, is there any reason I couldn't go directly to VT DMV and register my Bus? I live in CT and occasionally visit family in VT.
Geico refused to insure my bus. Who have you folks been using for insurance?
Danwood66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:37 AM   #97
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckstar View Post
Hi there:

I am just about to seal the envelope and ship my registration and title request off to the great state of Vermont (I am also in New York).

I was wondering if you could possibly get that image of your revised form to me for comparison purposes, as the image link seems to have been removed for violation of service at your image host?

I haven't written a handwritten explanation, and from reading your posts, I don't think you did either, and it wasn't required. is that the case? Also - what did you do about a bill of sale? Does Vermont even need one? There is a place on the Vermont form for the seller to sign, and of course, I don't have that ability. They did sign the back of the title, which I will be sending.

Thanks so much!
D
I always have, actually. I include a page itemizing all my costs so the folks at DMV don't get confused by the amount I'm writing the check for. Others have success without it. You should always include a bill of sale. Sign the sellers name yourself if you have to. It can even be handwritten. And yes, full disclosure, I signed for the seller when submitting my own application.

Danwood, there's no reason you can't walk into a VT DMV. It would be much quicker.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:35 AM   #98
Almost There

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: IC3S530
Rated Cap: 41
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but ... as of Jan 1, VT has undergone widescale changes in their DMV regs. The most important change of all is they've gone to a yearly inspection sticker program. That inspection can only occur at a VT inspection facility.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:16 AM   #99
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoricide View Post
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but ... as of Jan 1, VT has undergone widescale changes in their DMV regs. The most important change of all is they've gone to a yearly inspection sticker program. That inspection can only occur at a VT inspection facility.
where did you get this information? Did you call them?
Old 01-29-2017, 09:38 AM   #100
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeamiss View Post
where did you get this information? Did you call them?
Why does this make any difference to us when my home state will never ticket me for lack of an out of state inspection anyway? That's half the point of registering out of state. As long as they still send plates and registration out pre-inspection I don't see how it affects any of us.
warewolff is offline   Reply With Quote