Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2021, 11:39 PM   #2081
Site Team

Several posts removed as things were getting fairly absurd.

Back on topic, please.

(I realize that after 104 pages, there may not be much left to hash out about VT registration, in which case maybe we might want to close this thread?)

Polarweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 12:29 AM   #2082
Bus Geek

no still useful, long as the OP gets kept up to date for noobs

and we try to restrain ourselves to keep things reasonably sane
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:06 AM   #2083

Has anyone had any interactions with VT recently to see if this still is a go or no go? I am fighting the state of ME, who literally has NO ONE who will insure my bus so that I can even register it. Thanks!
LaGuaguitaAerea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:43 AM   #2084
Bus Nut

Year: 2008
Coachwork: IH
Chassis: IC SB CE-300 39ft
Engine: DT466 w/Allison 2500
Rated Cap: 29500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGuaguitaAerea View Post
Has anyone had any interactions with VT recently to see if this still is a go or no go? I am fighting the state of ME, who literally has NO ONE who will insure my bus so that I can even register it. Thanks!
Nothing has changed in VT.
Zork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 01:50 PM   #2085

A quick question about bus color on the application.

On section 5, do I need to put 'White' as my bus color even though the title says 'Yellow'?

We intend to paint the bus white, and I know that it cannot be painted yellow for use, but is there going to be an issue with processing the application since the color on the app won't match the title?

The search bar gave me some conflicting info on this. One person said they put white on the app but it came back crossed out, another (OP I believe?) put yellow but said they should've put white. Hope that makes sense. TIA for any responses!
landrysims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 01:53 PM   #2086
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrysims View Post

On section 5, do I need to put 'White' as my bus color even though the title says 'Yellow'?

We intend to paint the bus white, and I know that it cannot be painted yellow for use, but is there going to be an issue with processing the application since the color on the app won't match the title?

The search bar gave me some conflicting info on this. One person said they put white on the app but it came back crossed out, another (OP I believe?) put yellow but said they should've put white. Hope that makes sense. TIA for any responses!
I put white on mine and it came back that way on the title and registration. I have yet to paint it but I am not driving it at the moment. When I do it will be to the paint shop.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:26 PM   #2087
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE200
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 27,500
Quote:

I seem to recall the directions led me to believe they wanted to see Yellow and that's what I put. I know they saw it because I typed out "Yellow" on the form and someone in the VT DMV crossed out the "Low" leaving "Yel" In all honesty I don't think it matters. Much more important is that you get the money amount correct, I think that's what VT cares about.
Oldyeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 02:29 PM   #2088
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldyeller View Post
I seem to recall the directions led me to believe they wanted to see Yellow and that's what I put. I know they saw it because I typed out "Yellow" on the form and someone in the VT DMV crossed out the "Low" leaving "Yel" In all honesty I don't think it matters. Much more important is that you get the money amount correct, I think that's what VT cares about.
The first time my application was returned the note said, among other things, that leaving it yellow was not acceptable. Use white.
Old 11-30-2021, 04:54 PM   #2089
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466 / MD3060
Quote:

As others have said, use White (or intended color).
Can verify from experience, our bus was yellow at the time of registration but planned to paint cream & white. We listed Cream / White and had no questions and no problems from Vermont - thank you Vermont!!
A_Bus_Called_Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:10 PM   #2090

Thanks all for the responses! I went ahead and put white on color. Just sent the packet out today, fingers crossed it all goes well!
landrysims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 05:05 AM   #2091
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Hi there Oledyeller. Can you tell me the correct amount. I have a Title,so no tax. I need one year of tags. My bus is a 72 passenger. So it is heavy.
Sorry for dumb question but this is confusing for me. And I will be sending a
money order and don't want it sent back to me for a mistake.
Thanks.
45acp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 12:29 PM   #2092
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Hi there Oledyeller. Can you tell me the correct amount. I have a Title,so no tax. I need one year of tags. My bus is a 72 passenger. So it is heavy.
Sorry for dumb question but this is confusing for me. And I will be sending a
money order and don't want it sent back to me for a mistake.
Thanks.
If you read through the forms and instructions you'll be able to figure it out. The total could differ from bus to bus. I recall being uncertain as well.
Old 12-10-2021, 02:09 PM   #2093
Bus Geek

The first post here is kep updated
Old 12-10-2021, 03:56 PM   #2094
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks.

Quote:
If you read through the forms and instructions you'll be able to figure it out. The total could differ from bus to bus. I recall being uncertain as well.
Thanks But I am still having trouble..
45acp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 05:29 PM   #2095
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Thanks But I am still having trouble..
I sent a check that included $140 for a 2 year registration plus 6% for sales tax based on the purchase price I paid for my bus, that was it. The copy of the original poster's form on the first page of the thread was a huge help.

I can't remember what other copies of documents I sent but that's all contained in the 151 pages of posts in the thread. That was the hardest part, going through all 151 pages of the thread to be sure I didn't miss anything, but it was worth it to get my bus registered. I DO remember I spent a lot of time on the VT DMV website looking at the various forms listed but the main one is the one OP pasted into the thread.

Just remember, Vermont WANTS to take your money.
Old 12-12-2021, 11:32 AM   #2096
Mini-Skoolie

If you buy any vehicle outside of CA, vin verification is necessary to obtain a title.
Ace Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 11:36 AM   #2097
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
The VIN check if needed at all is for **VT** registration, a standalone verification, authentication, like going to a notary.

Nothing to do with CA rego rules.

If one obtains a bus from outside CA (which most people do), CA DMV requires a VIN verification to complete the reg process. Mine came from NY into CA.
Ace Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 11:41 AM   #2098
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Wilder View Post
If one obtains a bus from outside CA (which most people do), CA DMV requires a VIN verification to complete the reg process. Mine came from NY into CA.
But that is off topic here, not relevant to this thread.

Post that factoid to a California Registration thread or feel free to start a new one if you like.
Old 12-12-2021, 12:20 PM   #2099
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Wilder View Post
If you buy any vehicle outside of CA, vin verification is necessary to obtain a title.
So does VT. Just have any local police officer come over, look at the bus' VIN tag and sign the verification. I thought about trading them for donuts but instead I gave them some of my homemade hot sauce and they loved it.
Old 12-12-2021, 12:21 PM   #2100
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
But that is off topic here, not relevant to this thread.

Post that factoid to a California Registration thread or feel free to start a new one if you like.
No, it is on-topic for anyone who registers in VT because it's easier and faster and later plans to register in CA.