Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #21

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Re: Insurance for 6 months US and 6 months CANADA

A nonprofit is a corporation. You need to ask permission from the IRS to become a nonprofit. Tip for fast tracking your application, call it "The Tea Party Initiative to Stop Global Warming."

As far as looking for only positive feedback, good luck with that. Ask for advice, you get what you get. You don't get to choose.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsbenomads
First of all, thanks for all the positivity surrounding our questions.
At least we know now it is not going to be easy.
We are looking for answers that can contribute to making our project legal and happen, not the other way around.
Thanks for pointing us into the direction of DOT for example.
We are trying to get answers from lawyers, but that's also not so easy.
Anybody knows if we would start a business in Europe and come over to the US, would that make it legal?
Thanks
Nothing hard about getting answers from lawyers.

What is hard is trying to get anything for free from a lawyer.

Why don't people just get a real job?

Are you already in the USA?

If so, under what status are you here? Working while on a tourism pass may also be illegal.

What did you tell customs when they asked you how you were going to support yourself while in the USA?

Coming into Canada is a privilege, not a right. Do something illegal, or stupid while here, you will get your but shipped back to your homeland in a hurry.

Do you not have any mountains to go ski on where your from? Try to tell your own people about climate change.

Why is it that foreigners keep invading other country's and try to stick their nose in something that is none of their business. Like the idiots going to Russia trying to protest bans on gay rights.

We have taxes and rules to help support the systems that you will be using while here. Hospitals, roads, ect don't get built for free. If you don't contribute $$, you are just a parasite leaching off our system.

I'm all about looking after our planet. I spend big$$ making my life have a smaller carbon footprint. How is driving a huge fuel pig around the rocky mountains helping save the world?

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:33 AM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Chassis: MVP RE
Engine: Cummins 8.3

Thanks everybody for your help, we learned a lot through all the info.
We decided to become an official business in Europe and try out the project over there. Will be nice to be back home and closer to family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_ster

Nothing hard about getting answers from lawyers.

What is hard is trying to get anything for free from a lawyer.

Why don't people just get a real job?

Are you already in the USA?

If so, under what status are you here? Working while on a tourism pass may also be illegal.

What did you tell customs when they asked you how you were going to support yourself while in the USA?

Coming into Canada is a privilege, not a right. Do something illegal, or stupid while here, you will get your but shipped back to your homeland in a hurry.

Do you not have any mountains to go ski on where your from? Try to tell your own people about climate change.

Why is it that foreigners keep invading other country's and try to stick their nose in something that is none of their business. Like the idiots going to Russia trying to protest bans on gay rights.

We have taxes and rules to help support the systems that you will be using while here. Hospitals, roads, ect don't get built for free. If you don't contribute $$, you are just a parasite leaching off our system.

I'm all about looking after our planet. I spend big$$ making my life have a smaller carbon footprint. How is driving a huge fuel pig around the rocky mountains helping save the world?

Nat

Nat, chill down a bit. We said from the beginning we don't want to do things illegal of we can avoid to do so, this is why we will do it in Europe where it is possible.
No we are not in the US yet, we're in Mexico.
I love Canada, have lived there and always payed my taxes and have been fully legal.
I'm glad you're aware of climate change and doing everything you can. If the whole world would be that great we wouldn't want to inform people on solutions and create meetings where new ones can be created. Yes we will have to use fuel, but we will do everything in our power to minimise this. You can be as sustainable as possible as a human and neutralise your carbon emissions in other ways. We're not buddha yet, traveling is our life and has it's consequences. But to give you an example, I walked and skateboarded around the whole of Europe for a year to travel in a low carbon footprint way.

We have heaps of friends who want us to make this project possible, because just like us they believe it will make a difference.
If you're still not convinced check out www.protectourwinters.org, things need to happen.
Letsbenomads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:46 PM   #24

Year: 1995
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

If you're so concerned about climate change, where were you during the last ice age? Why did you change it from global warming. Kinda hard to sell that to anyone east of the Mississippi I guess. In time, your kind will be proven to be charlatans.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote