Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2020, 10:49 PM   #61

hello Awin insuranc out of calgarye covered me

888thenumberofthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 08:33 PM   #62
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cummins ISC 260HP/660Q/MD3060 6spd
Rated Cap: 81
If I was still looking for decent insurance I’d call and just assume I could get it without asking “do you cover converter school buses?” Might help... what was your approach bus888?
Bon Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:48 PM   #63
Skoolie

Chassis: GMC 3500 Thomas
Engine: 6.0 L GAS
My own broker is a very nice person but she became a bit of an angry lunatic when I said "bus" . She wanted that VIN#......but then that didn't give her the info she wanted so she wanted a photo of the door panel. I told her the seats were removed and showed her a picture and she insisted I would probably put them back in after so the rate she quoted was $4500 ( short bus ) She would not accept it later as a modified RV even with a mechanic inspection or a ministry ownership change. The dealer said "no problem I got a guy " . A full size bus is another story but mine is a GMC express cutaway on the ownership.....so the dealer simply had MTO change it to "cargo" and I got my insurance from Cooperators in Peterborough. Cooperators in Oakville flat out refused to quote me when I said "bus" but the Peterborough guy knew it was a bus and didn't care. I suspect each franchise can make their own decisions .
skidfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 03:21 PM   #64

Hi skidfrog, do you mind sharing how much you pay for your RV insurance? You can PM me the details of you're willing to share. We got a quote today from Ottawa Co-operators for just under $3000.
pippyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 03:46 PM   #65
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippyBus View Post
Hi skidfrog, do you mind sharing how much you pay for your RV insurance? You can PM me the details of you're willing to share. We got a quote today from Ottawa Co-operators for just under $3000.

yeahhhhhh....my own broker originally quoted me $4500 and refused to look at details. The dealer I bought from recommended a cooperators guy in Peterborough. My short bus is a GMC 3500 so when it got plated the ministry check a box for "commercial" instead of bus ; as such I'm paying just a hair over $1000. It might go even lower if I eventually convert to RV I suppose . Send an email to Stephanie_Downer@cooperators.ca for inquiries ?

Good luck
Old 12-31-2020, 04:49 PM   #66
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cummins ISC 260HP/660Q/MD3060 6spd
Rated Cap: 81
Anyone try Rv direct insurance recently? I thought somebody said they were taking buses still... I only pay $500/year for full coverage. Had to get a third party appraisal done though.
Bon Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 08:18 PM   #67
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bon Voyage View Post
Anyone try Rv direct insurance recently? I thought somebody said they were taking buses still... I only pay $500/year for full coverage. Had to get a third party appraisal done though.
Thanks for the tip !!

I'll look into it for sure. I don't mind paying what I do since I use the bus a fair bit and it's cheaper than my normal Honda. Once I'm in the bus full time I'll feel even better .
Old 02-04-2022, 12:30 PM   #68

Hi Nora

Just wondering how u made out with your insurance? I saw am old post and I am in Ontario looking into Insurance for my shuttle bus (Just a shorty)
Otoole99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
circus, facility, insurance, ontario, wvo