Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2008, 06:09 AM   #1
Skoolie

Re: Insurance in Texas

We have insured our bus in the last 6 mos. in TX. I went with State Farm since I have My vehicle insurance with them. No problem whatsoever. I'm carrying full coverage since we put soooo much work into our bus and it's costing $45 a month with my multi car discount.

reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:39 AM   #2

We have a number of vehicles insured with Progressive - but after my wife got the hour long runaround yesterday and talked with a number of Progressive reps at a number of locations (main office, our local agent, etc), I looked at the postings in this section, called GMAC and in 20 minutes had great coverage at an exceptionally low cost. I pick up the 1992 Bluebird in Virginia on Monday and head home to start the conversion. Yee haw and thanks for all the helpful posts here.
sidecarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Before I make a purchase I've been researching registration and insurance for a converted bus in Texas. I just spoke with my insurance agent and she gave me a qoute of $96 for six months of liability and uninsured motorist coverage. She says the company requires the conversion to have a bathroom, kitchen and living qtrs to be considered.

I've always been very pleased with my Farm Bureau agent.
danielm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: 6.6L Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 26

$30/mo with State Farm if that helps.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Personally I wonder if there is a "Professional" Company who would certify the build that you have done... making it a "Professional" Conversion.
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote