Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2018, 12:01 AM   #1
Almost There

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 3800 7.3L
Insurance Quote Questionnaire

I'm filling out the Progressive online quote page to see how much it will be to insure my food truck bus and it asks if I have anti-lock brakes and airbags. Since my 2001 International didn't come with a manual, how would one determine these answers? I have air brakes but that's about my extent of brake knowledge lol.

When I do a search for "airbag" I get threads about suspension. I'll wait to complete the quote until I find out, but figured I'd ask on here before I took it to a shop.

Thanks! Can't wait to get this baby on the road!

Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:18 AM   #2
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I'm filling out the Progressive online quote page to see how much it will be to insure my food truck bus and it asks if I have anti-lock brakes and airbags. Since my 2001 International didn't come with a manual, how would one determine these answers? I have air brakes but that's about my extent of brake knowledge lol.

When I do a search for "airbag" I get threads about suspension. I'll wait to complete the quote until I find out, but figured I'd ask on here before I took it to a shop.

Thanks! Can't wait to get this baby on the road!
Well, If you have ever been under the bus and inspected, you may have noticed the antilock module w/ all the red/green plastic air lines on it? Do you get ABS warning light test when starting?

Ever had it in snow and mashed the pedal?
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:41 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Didn't ask me about ABS or airbags.

Are you on the Progressive Commercial site?

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #4
Almost There

Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 3800 7.3L
Hi Rusty, no, I haven't been under the bus to notice and haven't driven it much since it's not insured/registered but I'm now at the point to getting that done. I'll have to check when I start it for the ABS light though, thanks for reminding me that it does that. I'm guessing it's a "no" on the airbag though since it's just a basic looking steering wheel and nothing beefy that would have one in it.

Hi Twigg, yes, if you Google Progressive Commercial it's on there (see the screenshot).

Most likely I'm not going to get Progressive anyway but want to see what their quote compares to others. From the threads I have seen on here, it's not a good one to go with anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Insurance.png  
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:12 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Hi Rusty, no, I haven't been under the bus to notice and haven't driven it much since it's not insured/registered but I'm now at the point to getting that done. I'll have to check when I start it for the ABS light though, thanks for reminding me that it does that. I'm guessing it's a "no" on the airbag though since it's just a basic looking steering wheel and nothing beefy that would have one in it.

Hi Twigg, yes, if you Google Progressive Commercial it's on there (see the screenshot).

Most likely I'm not going to get Progressive anyway but want to see what their quote compares to others. From the threads I have seen on here, it's not a good one to go with anyway.
I didn't remember seeing it. I would have answered "No", and been wrong because my bus has ABS. I didn't know that when I insured it. Whatever, the quote was cheap.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:57 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
If memory serves me correctly, ABS was standard equipment on buses since the very late 90's (required by federal law) and many buses were optionally equipped even before that. I'd hazard to guess yours being built in the early 2000's, has it.
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote